928 v. 920 - Side by Side Comparison.

Nazir Ibrahim

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well....I dont know what to expect here now. Not sure if this is this is attitude of 'some' people or just plain childish. My original post was posted with genuine intention to share what I heard from other website and asked for more clarification from the fellow wpcentral follower that might know the answer. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling the answer from Hopmedic and than continuity post from Mobilevortex is useless and not helpful at all. If you guys dont know the answer and cant provide with anything constructive, just be quiet and let other people that might know the answer help. This same goes to other, if cant help, better be quiet and dont screw up for others.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nazir, MobileVortex was wrong - you didn't forget your sarcasm font, you forgot your sense of humor font. The water-tight rabbit comment was meant to be a joke. Lighten up.

Oh, and the :wink: next to my comment is a clue.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are rabbits water tight? Surely they must take on water the same as any other air breathing mammal. :confused:
Well, certainly they're not as water-tight as say a dolphin, which is also a mammal :wink: but given that Nazir pointed out to us the fact that the processor involves Water-Tight Rabbits, someone must have innovated them. Has to be something genetic, I think.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, certainly they're not as water-tight as say a dolphin, which is also a mammal :wink: but given that Nazir pointed out to us the fact that the processor involves Water-Tight Rabbits, someone must have innovated them. Has to be something genetic, I think.

Not a fan of rabbits - Can't trust an animal that eats its own faeces and now that they are watertight... Well that's almost as dangerous as cats with opposable thumbs...:wink:

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Lets not forget that the 928 battery is not the same battery. It is a Li-po vs the 920's Li-on. It could just be a better battery.

actually - they are both Lithium Polymer....according to the official Nokia specs pages...
Yes, battery voltages appear to be different - 3.41V vs 3.7V - perhaps they are running the circuits at a lower voltage because they can (means lower power consumption and dissipation and maybe even heat!)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
@nazir - this is a relaxed forum in general.
You did come with some interesting information - but in my 15 mins of searching the internet and Qualcomms site (public and development) , i have yet to find anything remotely close to WTR acronym.
However, chill, relax, have some humor - the people here are really a nice bunch, they have humor that needs to be appreciated some times, but they do know a LOT about Windows phones and even OTHER phones!
stay a while - you'll learn something :)

Last edited:

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff. Obviously not an upgrade. More like a refinement. Waiting to see if November brings the 800 Snapdragon, real Pureview, 1080P with a 5" 441 PPI screen, longer battery life in a similar form factor without sacrificing anything. A 6" tablet even better.

Nazir Ibrahim

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Firstly, sorry to both of you. I didnt know that the water-tight rabbits thingy was meant to be a joke. I had a feeling it was joke, that why I patiently replied to modmedic to elaborate more about it. He or other follower can easily tell me it was a joke to clear the air. He (modmedic) decided to be quiet (eventhough he online) and MobileVortex suddenly come out of the blue and telling me that I forgot my sarcasm font. I checked again my earlier post to see if I made any mistake or if the post offended anybody. I responded to MobileVortex, asking him what he meant by I forgot the sarcasm font ? No answer (eventhough he online all the time). Thing gets more confuse for me. Maybe I did something wrong. I gave them (both of them) a time to response, but I never get any. So, I decided to break the silence with my last post and it works. Now everybody flooded this topic (including the mentioned above) to clear the air. Shouldn't it easy to clear the air before I wrote my sarcasm comment ? Anyway, the past is past....lesson learn for everybody including me. No need to delete any post or topic. It is what it is. Sorry guys.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Honestly i ment to quote the first post not yours. Wasn't trying to be a d!ick or anything just thought he ;) made it obvious he was kidding.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No worries, Nazir. I'm guessing from your most recent post that while your English is very good, it isn't your first language, and that combined with your being new here you didn't realize I was joking. My apologies.

Nazir Ibrahim

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Now who dont get the joke ??? I was joking an above post with ending - LOL and :winktongue:
Anyway, lesson learn for everybody. My apologies as well.

Melus Haque

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I am still confused on the differences in audio between this and 920. Is there more mics than 920? Are they different? Some people have said stereo recording but I dont see that in specs. Also, I see it has a different speaker but is the amp new and different? What about headphone amp? Regarding camera, is hardware really different besides the xenon flash?

There really is confusion on this compared to 920 in the media reports so far. They talk about screen and build...but no one is really talking about audio or camera hardware diffs except Nokia so I need help here.

I'm potentially getting three of these on day one. I am taking deep dive coming from Sprint after 12 long and boring years and droid so want to make sure I am not overlooking the Att option of colored 920s with same audio and video capabilities and cheaper price. All my options are open. I've been following this 928 for months and just need clarification from those who really know 920 hardware compared to this.
Thanks.

Right here in the specs:
Main video camera features
  • Video streaming: YouTube browsing and video streaming, Progressive video download, Streaming from video services and internet
  • Video recording features: Stereo Audio Recording, Video light, Video zoom, Optical image stabilization, Continuous autofocus

Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

It has the same number of mics as the 920.

Is it odd that video audio recording is in stereo, but the voice and audio recording is in mono?

Voice and audio recording
  • Recording: Voice recording in MMS, Voice recording in OneNote
  • Audio recording file formats: AMR
  • Audio recording codecs: AMR-NB, GSM FR
  • Audio recording features: Mono with high dynamics
It's GONE! It's GONE! Check these out: [http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...B:IE-SearchBox&oe=&safe=active&hl=en&ct=clnk] Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA (CACHED)[/url]

-and-

Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA

Looks like the video recording could only be in mono!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro