Handset only recognized as "Windows Phone 8" and no Driver found.

Joschka

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello together,

i got my Samsung Ativ S a few Weeks ago.

My Computers don't want do recognice it as ATIV S. Two Windows 8 x64 Laptops and my Windows 8 Desktop are not able to Display the telephone storage or the micro sd-card.
Also the Windows Phone Syncronisation application is not starting neither as Desktop applicaition or Modern-UI-App.

ativserror.JPGativserror.JPG

But I think that it's not a problem with the phone because the PC in my company (Windows 8 x64) recogniced the Phone properly.

I tried all tipps from the internet, including installing the driver manually from the windows update library.

I really would love to see my Ativ S working fine with my PCs so im hoping someone can provide me some help.

Thank you verry much
Joschka

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
re: Handset only recognized as "Windows Phone 8" and no Driver found.

My ativ s works with my windows 8 PC 64 bit easily
Sent from my SGH-T899M using Board Express

version2

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My Computers don't want do recognice it as ATIV S. Two Windows 8 x64 Laptops and my Windows 8 Desktop are not able to Display the telephone storage or the micro sd-card.
Also the Windows Phone Syncronisation application is not starting neither as Desktop applicaition or Modern-UI-App.

You problaly have disabled some features on ur PC-s. Do u use some tweaking apps on computers (for example TuneUp Utilities)?

Marilyn99

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Straight from Microsoft (took me two days to find this):

1. Plug in your device to the host system.
  2. Open Device Manager and locate the device.
  3. Right-click the device and select Update driver software... from the context menu.
  4. In the wizard, select Browse my computer for driver software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. From the list of device classes, select Universal Serial Bus devices.
  7. The wizard displays WinUsb Device. Select it to load the driver.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
And another suggestion, connect your WP8 device to your PC with original USB cable bundled in your phone package, try not to use any other USB cables, the original cable would guarantee the connection quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos