Just ordered the 928 as a concession phone

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be posting up some kind of informal review and hopefully some video/audio samples some time next week. I didn't really like having a WP8 device for my concession line because some of the main features are not allowed by corporate, but I can't upgrade till July 25th. So I figured I'd take it. Got it in white.

Last edited by a moderator:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just Got the 928 as a concession phone

Just curious, what options would corporate not allow and why?

You are probably one of the first to be hands on with a 928. I'm sure there's a lot of people who can't wait to see what you have to say. Thanks.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Is this a big deal that they allow this as a concession phone or do they let you have anything? Are they encouraging reps to get one of these?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

1. Could you explain to the normal people out here (me included) - what exactly a concession phone is?
2. When you get the phone, can you tell us what the firmware and hardware versions are?

Thanks in advance!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Q) What can't you do on it?
A) It's not so much that I CAN'T use the social integration and stuff, it's more that I feel weird doing it on a company phone. Especially when my personal phone is WP8 and set up with all my social stuff.

Q) What is a concession phone?
A) Its a company provided device. Unlimited talk, text, 5GB of data and hotspot for free. I get a new phone every 3-4 months and they give me maybe one or two options each time. Its a big deal I got the 928 because I was already the Subject Matter Expert for the WP8 launch and they normally pick new people for the SME program if they do it over again.

Q) Will you tell us about X, Y, and Z?
A) YES! Now that the phone is public, it's fair game baby.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

@honestabebread - Is this going to be a real hero phone for Verizon? Or is it just going to get lost in the mix?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

@honestabebread - Is this going to be a real hero phone for Verizon? Or is it just going to get lost in the mix?

It's hard to tell but it's on the main page of the employee intranet, along with a separate header about new Windows Phone 8 apps and why they're better than their iOS/Android counter parts. Verizon seems to be all about it internally, but the advertising doesn't really reflect. Hopefully they amp it up with this phone!

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

It's hard to tell but it's on the main page of the employee intranet, along with a separate header about new Windows Phone 8 apps and why they're better than their iOS/Android counter parts. Verizon seems to be all about it internally, but the advertising doesn't really reflect. Hopefully they amp it up with this phone!

I guess there is no point cranking up the advertising until launch - so hopefully it's coming.

Sounds like a big push internally - hopefully this is the turning point for WP8.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

i'm curious about the GDR2 update, can you please give the Firmware version with the phone?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

Can you have a friend from another provider pop in their SIM card to see if the device is unlocked by default?

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestabebread thanks a lot for all the info! There is going to be a bunch of us asking about different things, but the only thing I am really interested in is the how the xenon flash performs.. try and see if it would freeze motion, like.. people moving, or even just a simple spinning fan in the dark :)

I think its very important because it could set the phone apart from the rest, since they all have LEDs and .. well.. they all pretty much suck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05