Just ordered the 928 as a concession phone

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It's phenomenal man. The xenon flash is mind blowing. Turned my office light out and shut the door and took a picture. Couldn't even tell that it was a dark room at all. The loudspeaker isn't as loud as they make it out to be, it's just really clear.

Feels like it's indestructible. The white model does feel like it could get gunky if you have oily hands though.

The AMOLED screen rules and you can't tell where the screen ends.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's phenomenal man. The xenon flash is mind blowing. Turned my office light out and shut the door and took a picture. Couldn't even tell that it was a dark room at all. The loudspeaker isn't as loud as they make it out to be, it's just really clear.

Feels like it's indestructible. The white model does feel like it could get gunky if you have oily hands though.

The AMOLED screen rules and you can't tell where the screen ends.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face and keyboard.

Heard any word on any sales? I'm wondering if someplace like Wal-Mart will do an 822 type sale on this phone.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Aww man not what I wanted to hear.

I queued up a Skrillex song on my Intuition and the 928 and cranked them both all the way. The volume was about the same but the 928 is the one you'd want to listen to.

I want to test the HAAC, but I don't want to record myself screaming at the phone in my office. I live by a hospital so I'll try to record a helicopter or something.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I queued up a Skrillex song on my Intuition and the 928 and cranked them both all the way. The volume was about the same but the 928 is the one you'd want to listen to.

I want to test the HAAC, but I don't want to record myself screaming at the phone in my office. I live by a hospital so I'll try to record a helicopter or something.

Is it louder than the trophy?

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The point I'm trying to make is that the phone is average volume but sounds better

That surprises me, when we tested it compared to the Samsung flagships, iPhone and even HTC boomsound we thought it was noticeably louder...definitely not average volume imo. (I have not heard the intuition before)

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised if it's barely louder than most comparable devices out there. The Nokia marketing video said it was 1-2 dB louder than anything out there. Well, 1 or 2 dB are often considered the smallest steps in volume that most people can distinguish.

Honestly, dynamic transducers have not changed much since the 1970's and the SPL produced in mobile devices is limited by the low available voltage and desire to keep power consumption reasonable.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue might be that I was streaming the song via Nokia Music on the 928, but it was stored locally at 320kbps on my Intuition (Optimus Vu). I'll do a more fair comparison tonight.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Another thing, Honest Abe.... I'm thinking the loudspeaker may sound better with the phone sitting on a table, so that it uses the surface of the table to reflect the sound. Could be wrong, but definitely worth trying out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)