Beats audio not working?

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed that after the last update the beats audio is not affecting the music at all??
I tried it many times, turning on/ off beats audio In the settings while playing music, there was no change in the sound quality at all.
I'm using the 8x's earphones.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed that after the last update the beats audio is not affecting the music at all??
I tried it many times, turning on/ off beats audio In the settings while playing music, there was no change in the sound quality at all.
I'm using the 8x's earphones.
I noticed the same when I first got my 8X. Later on I've actually heard the difference. Try to raise the volume up to ~18 and you'll see a difference (not huge since you've got normal earphones) between Beats Audio and normal.

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they figured out that the Beats setting was overcooking the amp (by boosting volume too much) with some phones and toned it down.

All Beats Audio does is jack up the volume, slap on a bass and treble boost in effect. Before the changes, they were really jacking the volume up, presumably to show the 'sound quality difference' (ha) - and that was making it a struggle for the inbuilt amp to power certain headphones in Beats Audio mode.

They've kept the prominent bass & slight treble boost, and they're not making it as loud in Beats mode. A better compromise IMO for headphone users. Earphone users are best off sticking to lower volumes. Even with the less overcooked amp, with a 32-ohm headphone of regular efficiency, >18 in Beats Audio mode is already at longer-term-hearing-damage levels.

With the bundled 8x earphones, as the above poster says, you'll be hard pressed to notice a major difference, the phones are pretty regular-issue pack-in earphones in terms of general quality and bass capability (and seem to be not very efficient, so actually safer to use from a hearing damage perspective).

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Then just beat yourself over the head in time...

... or get better / bassier (the two are pretty much mutually exclusive) phones.

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a bug. It seems if I plug my headphones in while the screen is off, Beats doesn't turn on (even though it says it's on).

What I do is plug them in, start playing the music and then go into settings. While listening, turn Beats off and on. If nothing happens when you do this, unplug your headphones and plug them back in. Now if you play the music and toggle it on and off you should hear the difference.

I always check this to make sure it's on properly when listening.

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Weird. It's always been working for me since the update. The effect is, as I said, much more subtle than the 'LIKE YOUR ADDED VOLUME NOW YOU LITTLE PUNK" excess of before.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a bug. It seems if I plug my headphones in while the screen is off, Beats doesn't turn on (even though it says it's on).

What I do is plug them in, start playing the music and then go into settings. While listening, turn Beats off and on. If nothing happens when you do this, unplug your headphones and plug them back in. Now if you play the music and toggle it on and off you should hear the difference.

I always check this to make sure it's on properly when listening.

Yep I have been doing the latter too, something seems wrong with the software

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
temporary-4.pngI just got a replacement, and sure enough, asked me to update beats. I don't think I'm going to. I EQ all my stuff before I load it up anyway tho. Makes a difference

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3