Ask me about the Lumia 928

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
@EDMmmmmmm: which colors have you been playing with/ using?
We have played around with a few colors but I have been using white almost exclusively.

You cant talk about software versions, I know but, can you confirm it has a FM radio on it ? This was something that Microsoft has claimed "it's coming in the next update" and that is was software, not hardware needed to enable this feature on ALL WP8 devices.
Microsoft's next software release and its features is something I am not involved with. I imagine when it comes for the 920 it will also come for the 928.

Not sure if you missed my questions earlier (or maybe you saw it and can't answer them at this time) but I'd figure I'd give them a bump in case you simply missed them.
For the first question, I dont know. For the second question, I believe it is pentile. I have compared to the 900s display and with the increased resolution the screen looks much better. With the pixel density this high is this a big deal?

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned something about the back being scratch proof -- just wanted to confirm this was true and that you weren't just referring to the camera lens components??? Thanks!
I was referring to the black strip in the center being very scratch resistant ceramic, sorry if I said something different.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. As long as the CardDAV and CalDAV is still coming then that should be good. Was there an app for Gtalk? I can do without the Swipe.

Also I heard there there was some issue with whenever the phone would go to sleep it would loose Wi-Fi till you woke it up again? How is battery drain with Skype running?

I haven't noticed any change in battery life since I've installed Skype and I get notifications/calls just fine. Big difference from Android IMO is the OS is very efficient about managing tasks so I don't have to. Dunno about GChat. Sorry

anon(807977)

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's 822(my current phone) has a irritatingly long delay between pressing the camera button and actually taking the first picture. Does the 928 also do this?

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought there was Swype for WP 7 ? I am a die hard Swype fan and can't imagine having to actually type a text.

It's just one of the decisions Microsoft made, to not allow the keyboard to be accessed/substituted by API for third party developers, which I assume is most likely part of their security strategy. It's been asked for since day one, but it's not going to come. I think if you take a bit of time to get to know the keyboard, though, you'll be impressed. It's better than ANY of the stock keyboards. (I've never used Swype).

McSlappy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope. If the keyboard is that important to you, you're going to have to stick with VirusPhone.

Ohh common. Only reason WP doesn't have them really yet is because it's not big enough to be worth a hackers time. The changing in the future would be a good thing in a way. Even though it's bazaar saying it.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ohh common. Only reason WP doesn't have them really yet is because it's not big enough to be worth a hackers time. The changing in the future would be a good thing in a way. Even though it's bazaar saying it.

I think thats partially true. Though I do believe Google should do more in this area. Ok, back on task guys... :)

Last edited:

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I call it like I see it. 96% of mobile malware in the last quarter of 2012 was on Android devices.

And I can almost guarantee that 100% of that 96% brought it onto themselves (being clueless counts). I had Android phones almost 4 years now (until my 8x and upcoming 928) and I've never had a single malware.

While yes I have changed platforms and am quite happy by the way, Android gets way more grief than it deserves. A lot of the complaints are from at least 2 OS versions ago. But I digress...
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Am...no! The only reason WP doesn't have viruses, and may never have a large percentage of viruses occupying the store, is because all apps have to pass through Microsoft's QA first, and be tested, before they can be published to the store. I think you're confusing Windows, with Windows Phone. Windows has a woe of viruses because it is the most popular professional OS. Android isn't riddled with viruses because it's the most popular. It's riddled with viruses because anyone can publish anything to the store without worry, because Google has no approval process for their store. And I'm sure it's one of the reasons their app numbers climbed so fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos