928 Able to buy in store on 05/16?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone in this thread - tcman88 is doing us a public service - if you havnt thanked him (most of you have i think) then you should click the thanks button and say it too :)
Just my opinion :)

btw thanks tcman88 - appreciate your efforts in helping everyone

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When I called them I was told there were no new phone releases this week so I may head to the White Marsh store just to be safe.

I called a few places also. Not sure which store you spoke to, but I pretty much get the same story. No information yet on availability. Tried the Best Buy and the phone isn't in the system. Rep didn't believe they would have it day one. And yes a few people I spoke to with Verizon, I had to explain that they have a phone being released on Thursday. I would say not a good start. More than likely I will just end up ordering online and just wait the day or two to get it.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone in this thread - tcman88 is doing us a public service - if you havnt thanked him (most of you have i think) then you should click the thanks button and say it too :)
just my opinion :)

btw thanks tcman88 - appreciate your efforts in helping everyone

np!

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I called a few places also. Not sure which store you spoke to, but I pretty much get the same story. No information yet on availability. Tried the Best Buy and the phone isn't in the system. Rep didn't believe they would have it day one. And yes a few people I spoke to with Verizon, I had to explain that they have a phone being released on Thursday. I would say not a good start. More than likely I will just end up ordering online and just wait the day or two to get it.

Reps won't know anything about inventory.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
@TC thanks for letting me know about the commission. I had someone tell me there was some sort of commission, just assumed they told me accurate information.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Reps won't know anything about inventory.

The bad start I was referring to isn't so much knowing inventory. I can understand that. I would assume in most cases, stores won't actually get them in inventory till Thursday. The sad part is not even knowing that a phone is being released.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This prompted me to call the contact you provided for me. She confirmed that particular store only deals with contracts. So I called another store, several blocks away (#338617) and the manager stated they will sell me the 928 at retail. Guess, where I am going? LOL

same thing happened with ATT and the Lumia 920
it appears to be common practise... they want to sell phones with contracts - not full retail price.
they have their reasons, but come on :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
TCMan, does it look in general like they're stocking a good number of white phones, since it seems like this will be more popular?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
How about 75024? And thanks for all the people you have helped in this thread. It is appreciated. Looks like Thursday is going to be a busy day around here.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Tc - I am in Richmond Indiana 47374 and I'm trying to find a store that will have to buy off contract. Not a lot of stores. I called Muncie ind and Hamilton Ohio. Sounds like they might only have white at all places. Told me to call back tomorrow evening. Didn't know if I am missing a store that would have it? Thanks for all your doing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750