928 Able to buy in store on 05/16?

_catcrap

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine through the web, it was sad to say goodbye to my unlimited data plan. (Dont' mind it as much, since avg. data I've been using month to month was ~2GB).

Only white available, got it and +30 for upgrade fee, which I knew about. Didn't get any +35 activation fee tacked on like others are reporting.

Hope it gets here by Saturday so I can play with it! :winktongue:

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
holy crap guys, give a few. Black is showing online for me. No in-store pick up option for me even though I can for other phones.

*Apparently black is online only. Well that's no fun. I can do in-store pickup with white. Odd because I called a store up 2 days ago and said they would have both in stock on Thursday.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine for in store pick up. Woot! I have no problem with white. Never had a white phone before. Would have preferred cyan, but oh well.

lowercontrol

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am going to attempt to purchase one in my local Verizon store this evening.

I've called 2 stores thus far and each one has been less than helpful. They had no idea IF they were getting in inventory and had no clue really what the 928 was. Although, as others have said I wasn't really surprised much by this.

By the way, is there anything extra special that needs to be done to purchase this device off contract? I currently own an HTC-8x and broke the screen by dropping it on concrete and hitting it just right. I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I'll need to purchase it at full-retail price.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I've called 2 stores thus far and each one has been less than helpful. They had no idea IF they were getting in inventory and had no clue really what the 928 was. Although, as others have said I wasn't really surprised much by this.

By the way, is there anything extra special that needs to be done to purchase this device off contract? I currently own an HTC-8x and broke the screen by dropping it on concrete and hitting it just right. I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I'll need to purchase it at full-retail price.

Nothing special really. You do have to make sure that your SIM card is the correct size for your new device, otherwise you'll have to make Verizon give you one (SIM cards are free when you do an update/new line, but they may charge you since you aren't doing that).

Please look if they have a black one in stock. I'd like to know if anyone has them at all.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a black one online. I hate mail-in rebates, so that was the deciding factor. Well, and to prevent me from becoming impatient and just buying a white one in store today. Now I can't :) The store here in Altamonte was very nice and helpful, let me play with the phone last night for as long as I wanted.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

make sure you're calling corporate stores. They got the 928s in Tuesday and had a mandatory training.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers