Anyone Else Underwhelmed With The Nokia Lumia 928 & 925?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I would still take the 928 over the one or gs4 any day of the week. Unfortunately the uninformed are easily swayed with gaudy stats. I still say that my Trophy stands up well to the iPhone 4 and I like using it much more than my wife's iPhone 5. We just need to keep building market share and educate people about what makes WP great.
True :)
I'd pick it over the 920...if it was available in the Philippines.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I like the 928 a lot. But the 925 is a joke. Its cluttered non-unibody is ugly as hell. And lack of wireless charging, storage space, etc. just make it a dumbed down version of the 920/928.

I'd rather have a Lumia 900 than the 925!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia seems to be slicing and dicing their 92X versions. 920 has the colors. 928 has the slimmer and only two colors. 925 is metal version with plastic back, slimmest, three colors but is limited to only 16GB of storage, attach wireless recharging cover and has a bezel that come out slightly. The 925 is the weakest of the 92X models! I kind of knew that T-Mobile would get the crappiest of the bunch - but the management at T-Mobile even went further and went with the 16GB model - so it not even really a 92X since the other two have 32GB as standard.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I also feel underwhelmed -- the 925 looks like it has been put together with spare parts.

Furthermore, unless you are going to get the 32gb version which is exclusive to Vodafone (at this present time), then this isn't a L920 variant.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It was said in the press conference yesterday. Nokia first approach Vodafone with the 920. Like most of the critics Vodafone thinks it is too bulky. So couple months later Nokia came back with that gray prototype we saw earlier and seal the deal with Vodafone. Also since Vodafone got the 32G model as exclusive, you can piece the rest of the story.

Two months later? I thought the timeline was when they showed them the Lumia 920 in September, they said it was too bulky, so they showed them their 925 prototype which they were already working on.

jimmy1one

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to understand there're apps now that require 1gig of ram. What's at issue is the ability of the ph to multitask I'll admit MS failure to provide GDR2 &GDR3 in a timely manner and certify a quad 4 chipset are issues that maybe beyond Nokia's control. Nokia can't continue to be the turtle chasing the hare. Make no mistake this is not a beauty contest at some point loyal customers have to look at the cost effectiveness of a purchase. This is W8 phone MS is folding more of the Win 8 functions into Win phone 8. If you accept that premise then storage and speed can not be sacrificed for designed

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Its all about strategy. The 928 and 925 are variants because releasing the 920 on other carriers would have been lame. Hopefully in the future, all variants will be released at the same time.

Samsung used to do that with the Galaxy series. Now they release the same phone on all the networks which makes it hard for carriers to market them. I think Nokia has a great strategy here but all must be launched close together.

I will be looking on Craigslist for a decently priced 928 in the Cincinnati area. Let me know if anyone sees one.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia seems to be slicing and dicing their 92X versions. 920 has the colors. 928 has the slimmer and only two colors. 925 is metal version with plastic back, slimmest, three colors but is limited to only 16GB of storage, attach wireless recharging cover and has a bezel that come out slightly. The 925 is the weakest of the 92X models! I kind of knew that T-Mobile would get the crappiest of the bunch - but the management at T-Mobile even went further and went with the 16GB model - so it not even really a 92X since the other two have 32GB as standard.
925 is made with alu frame and polycarbonate back plate. If thats plastic then 920 and 928 too is entirely made with plastic. Other than that flash which kinda defeat the purpose having good low light, 925 has the best cam out of all three.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Two months later? I thought the timeline was when they showed them the Lumia 920 in September, they said it was too bulky, so they showed them their 925 prototype which they were already working on.
From my experience in product development and by looking at the seemingly awkward cam housing, I place my bet that the now 925 prototype was at least one of the design for the EOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion