So who is getting a nokia 925

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, for me since it would be a decent upgrade from my Lumia 900 running WP 7.8 and finally jump into WP8. Hope Rogers gets this phone and the 32GB version. Anyone know if the main camera lens cover is made of durable material such as sapphire crystal to prevent scratches, just worried it sticks out from the back cover. There's always the protective cover that was shown by WPCentral crew. Now, I just have to hurry up and wait ;)

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The thing is though, Nokia say that it has an Aluminium body but it doesn't. It has an Aluminium strip round the edge but still has a plastic back.

Maybe the innards or the frame is aluminium. The polycarbonate back was chosen for a reason, there's an article on WPCentral where Nokia answers questions about the 925.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I'm torn between the 925 and 928 at the moment (assuming the 928 is really pentaband and has AWS capability). I like the look of both (925 slightly in the lead in that department).

I guess it will come down to whether or not the North American version has 32GB.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I will get a 925 if it comes to Bell in Canada, and the sooner the better. Buying a new 925 at the end of June totally sucks, because then we're only 4 months away from the real "shut up and take my money" lumia's (or so we hope).

The 925 is 6 months too late. :( No more 6 month exclusivity deals - please!!!!!

ahuczek

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I'm torn between the 925 and 928 at the moment (assuming the 928 is really pentaband and has AWS capability). I like the look of both (925 slightly in the lead in that department).

I guess it will come down to whether or not the North American version has 32GB.

same here! im on verizon now but i have been seriously considering switching to tmobile for a couple months now. verizon has great service but they are just too damn expensive. I think i like the 928 more than the 925 though mainly for the built in wireless and more mature design but like i said, i really wanna switch to tmobile. does anybody know if the 928 can be purchased unlocked and then used via tmobile? because that would be ideal for me.

thanks.

Oh and hey yall im anthony! trophy owner ready to upgrade!! haha.

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You should switch to t-mobile and try to find friends or family members to do a family plan with that way the price gets reduced for either you or them

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty upset to find out the 925 came with only 16gb of internal storage and no SD option but alas, a flagship Nokia device is headed to T-Mobile. Although a slight compromise, I will definitely be getting the black 925 on day one hopefully. It is sexy and I'm really interested to see how the camera will perform.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Not getting it only because I already have a 920. Anyone with a 920 would probably vote "no". Nothing wrong with that, given that majority of us 920 owners wait for the EOS.
The 925 isn't meant for 920 owners in the first place as those owners were more than likely on AT&T or whatever exclusive carrier Nokia sided with. Its meant for those of us (T-Mobile and others) who have been drooling to get our hands on a flagship Nokia device albeit with lowered storage. What a dumb move Nokia!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Because the 928 is a better phone. Proper internal memory size not this 16gb nonsense. Super loudspeaker. 3 mic array. Qi charging built in.

925 has none of that. Its a complete design flop. Nokia shares are already going down again after rising yesterday.
925 is lighter, smaller, has the same super loud speaker, extra lens too. Why insist to disgrace 925 only because you like 928 better? So whatever extra in 928 is a pro but 925 features are just gimmick?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I have to admit that I do like this device. though I like the looks of the L920 better. with that said the L925 is hitting T-MO US I would think that the folks who answer tweets for T-MO are rather sick of my daily rants as to why T-MO doesn't have a high end WP8 device. Yes I'll take two on day one.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just do not know why they would limit the storage memory to 16GB. That is total unacceptable in todays standards. Most people store a lot of stuff on their phones including movies. I vote undecided because I think Nokia or T-Mobile will get the 32GB as standard. They will tell Vodaphone to shove it!

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On another forum site; one poster who works at the corporate headquarters of T-Mobile stated that the 16Gb version that was selected was based on the sales of the iPhone5 16GB - most popular version. So if you want T-Mobile to sell the 32 instead of the 16GB; you should drop them an email! Not going be available till August anyways!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
On another forum site; one poster who works at the corporate headquarters of T-Mobile stated that the 16Gb version that was selected was based on the sales of the iPhone5 16GB - most popular version. So if you want T-Mobile to sell the 32 instead of the 16GB; you should drop them an email! Not going be available till August anyways!

There is a reason for that, the price! The 16 GB version is the cheapest one and already overpriced at that.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No, I haven't gotten the Lumia 920 which I've been waiting for 6+ months.
Not a fan of how the Lumia 925 looks because of the camera.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that is swinging it to me deciding not to get one is the storage problem. The whole point of a new product, whether it be a smartphone, computer, a car or whatever is that it is supposed to be better than its predecessor. Why on earth would Nokia reduce the storage capacity by half? And there is no wireless charging out of the box ? Doesn't make sense to me.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that is swinging it to me deciding not to get one is the storage problem. The whole point of a new product, whether it be a smartphone, computer, a car or whatever is that it is supposed to be better than its predecessor. Why on earth would Nokia reduce the storage capacity by half? And there is no wireless charging out of the box ? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think they were trying to hit a lower price point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05