Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

lwhitmarsh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got a T-Mobile 925 and I live an area where there is excellent LTE coverage but my 925 will not connect to it. All the phone settings are correct and everything on the T-Mobile side is A-OK but for some reason it won't connect. Also if you go into cellular settings and hit network selection T-Mobile has LTE,4G,2G below it. Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

nightryder21

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my 925 this morning and tonight it has 1.95 GB in "Other" Storage. I have pictures to auto upload but I have only taken about 10-15 pictures. This is ridiculous. Other than that O noticed that I can not bill T-Mobile for apps when it is on Wi-Fi Calling mode.

dmulley

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i got my phone today 925....when i take a picture with the camera hard ware hey the volume bar displays, also if i hit the down volume key the camera activates.....?

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Got my Lumia 925 last night.

Currently, I have about 1.35 gigs of "other" storage, though Storage Check says that it is only 737mb of "other" storage.

Also, I've discovered that I cannot download MMS messages while connected to Wi-Fi. My wife has an iPhone and I receive every picture she sends via MMS as a link that says "Get Media Content," but when I click on it nothing happens. If I turn off Wi-Fi, I can then download the media content via my data plan. I didn't have this problem on my old HD7.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I am having an odd issue, although not deal breaking. When I do a shutdown and then start my phone back up...no matter what volume setting that had it on when I shut it down, on restart, it is always set to 13/30. anyone else?

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my 925 this morning and tonight it has 1.95 GB in "Other" Storage. I have pictures to auto upload but I have only taken about 10-15 pictures. This is ridiculous. Other than that O noticed that I can not bill T-Mobile for apps when it is on Wi-Fi Calling mode.

Having the same problem here. I have yet to find a solution.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Facebook chat not working with Messaging? Dont' see the arrows to swap between FB chat and Messaging. Is there some setup I need to do?

EDIT : Forgot to set my chat status to available. Everything click right on after that. ./facepalm

Last edited:

mnika

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily a bug, but the glance screen text is red on my phone, and doesn't change when I change the theme colors on my phone. I thought the glance screen had white text? The red doesn't look so good to me

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing a defect where the glass is raised higher in the body at the top right side of the device? On the first unit I had the glass was coming off completely, now I'm noticing this.

Will T-Mobile exchange this?

mnika

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The flash from the camera on mine produces a very strong yellow-green color cast. I'm assuming this could be fixed in a software update. Still, there should be flash setting in the white balance.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my Lumia 925 last night.

Currently, I have about 1.35 gigs of "other" storage, though Storage Check says that it is only 737mb of "other" storage.

Also, I've discovered that I cannot download MMS messages while connected to Wi-Fi. My wife has an iPhone and I receive every picture she sends via MMS as a link that says "Get Media Content," but when I click on it nothing happens. If I turn off Wi-Fi, I can then download the media content via my data plan. I didn't have this problem on my old HD7.

Yes. I noticed this today. But, this also occurred on my 810. I will do some further testing to see what I come up with.

brandas

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily a bug, but the glance screen text is red on my phone, and doesn't change when I change the theme colors on my phone. I thought the glance screen had white text? The red doesn't look so good to me
You have the glance screen set to night mode, night mode is red. At least that's the only way I have seen to get red text there.

brandas

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing a defect where the glass is raised higher in the body at the top right side of the device? On the first unit I had the glass was coming off completely, now I'm noticing this.

Will T-Mobile exchange this?
Looking at it sideways mine is not raised at all. I assume they would exchange for that problem.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone's 925 get really hot in the top right corner?
I'm assuming the soc is positioned right there, but it seems unusual that nokia would ship a device that would get to hot to hold on an hour long Skype call.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Now that I've had a chance to keep my phone connected to the charger, I guess my experience wasn't really a bug. My phone would have trouble establishing a connection to my Wi-Fi network after being turned on (or after a reset). I would have to type in the password every time. I thought that it was because Wi-Fi Calling was on, as there seems to be some weird issues whenever that is enabled. That doesn't seem to be the case. My HTC Radar didn't have such issue, but whatever...

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got a T-Mobile 925 and I live an area where there is excellent LTE coverage but my 925 will not connect to it. All the phone settings are correct and everything on the T-Mobile side is A-OK but for some reason it won't connect. Also if you go into cellular settings and hit network selection T-Mobile has LTE,4G,2G below it. Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?
did you use the new sim

Firenze89

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

As Brandas said it's the night mode. Red isn't as bright as white so it won't "bother" you in the dark if you leave it next to your bed for instance.
You can deactivate it the the glance screen settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077