Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

loisegrcia

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a Lumia 925. At first, the lock button was really crisp. But after a few days, it started to be softer and softer. So, today, it is not that easy to push anymore.

Is this normal or what?

toibkush

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My 925 just black screened. When i touched the screen all 3 capacitive buttons glowed. Still getting feedback from back button, but phone would not return to home screen or lock screen. Rather odd. Did a soft restart and came back on normally (86% Battery so this was not a cause). Has anyone experienced this, and any ideas why it might happen?. Thanks.
same happened with my lumia 925. Have tried the soft reset still nothing. Help!

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
One google search was all that is needed to show what iphone users are having issues on. No phone is perfect.

sent from within the depths of my brain

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Well have similar issues, sometimes the device hangs, black screen. looks like switched off but cannot be switched on. If i pres power button, nothing happend. I have to press it several times, in combination with volume buttons and then finally it starts up. No battery issue, baterry is charged. And each time this happens, date and time is completely reset, i have to set it again. This happens me several times, generally once in 2 weeks approximatelly. No idea, how to solve it.

smartvoyager

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am having an issue with my new AT&T 925. Last night, in an area with no service, the phone locked up and I had to hold the volume down and power to restart it. Just the power button would not work. Additionally, just 1 minute ago I was reading this forum and watched my phone reboot on the desk in front of me. I have 4 bars of signal and over 80% battery. I was not even touching it. I was hoping these issue were resolved with the new version of the phone as I had similar issues with my old 920.

JS

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue with my new AT&T 925. Last night, in an area with no service, the phone locked up and I had to hold the volume down and power to restart it. Just the power button would not work. Additionally, just 1 minute ago I was reading this forum and watched my phone reboot on the desk in front of me. I have 4 bars of signal and over 80% battery. I was not even touching it. I was hoping these issue were resolved with the new version of the phone as I had similar issues with my old 920.

JS

That sucks, have not noticed that at all, I'll keep an eye on it.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had two instances of "the phone is incredibly hot to the touch and drains the battery in a couple hours" syndrome in the last week. The first was mitigated by doing a full reset on the phone.

It happened again last night. Right after I missed a call. The phone tile and toast notification both said that I had a new voice mail message, but when I went to Visual Voice Mail, no message was evident. By this morning, I still had the hot phone/draining battery syndrome, so I called voice mail manually, and found a new voice mail, not from last night, but from last week just before the problem first started.

I turned visual voice mail off, and the phone immediately cooled down and battery drain was back to normal levels.

For now, I'm leaving VVM turned off until I've had a chance to play with it more.

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't agree more.The OS is totaly buggy and messed up!!Causing overheating,battery drain,and many more serious issues!GDR3 should fix this issues!

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The overheating/battery drainage is mainly caused by bug/bugs of the OS or maybe Firmware.This is something that is troubling many people and caused on Lumia920/820 too.
Issues like this should have been fixed asap but MS hasn't fixed it at all even late!
Let's hope tha GDR3 will bring bugfixes of this kind because it's sad to see a nice devices with a nice OS geting ruined by bugs and the ignorance of MS to fix them asap!

Support my suggestion if you want and are suffering from overheating issues http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...ve-the-firmware-os-bug-that-causes-major-over

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My home screen froze in place last night (live tiles were still moving) and when I tried to reboot my phone it wouldn't turn back on. At one point I held the lock/power button for almost a minute and nothing happened. Is it bricked? I'm about to head down to the T-Mobile store now

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The voice quality on my AT&T 925 is terrible - sounds like the speaker is blown. Will be taking mine back. I also notice that the device sometimes doesn't "register" my touches - a problem I never had with the 920 that I dropped and broke :(

I think I'm going to swap out back to the 920 although the 925 definitely takes better pictures.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As a note, my 925 battery life has been getting much better over the last week. Now get a good 12 hours with good usage, from about 9:30. Breaking in?

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Ive witnesed the black screen of death several times with my lumia 900. It was quite frustrating. Not sure if its a certain app causing this or what. had to do the keep combo Vol down + cam + power button

Christo Mastoroudes

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So I bought two Nokia 925's. Having used iPhones for many years I decided to try a windows phone since I was curious and the price was very good. My wife likes her 925 and it seems to work as intended, however my 925 had some issues. The back top left back cover was a bit loose and this I could still forgive somewhat, but the earpiece speaker was faulty and would cause distortion with any volume above a whisper. I am now waiting for a replacement.

So my final verdict? It's ok for the price but nowhere close to Apples build quality. Let me list a few reasons why:
1. The machine process used in manufacturing is inferior, just look at the sim tray, its nowhere close to flush with the aluminium. Not to mention the fact that I had to send a phone back for the first time since I started using iPhones.
2. Placing 2 925's next to each other would reveal that they look the same of course but it ends there. Things like button resistance and feel differ. The back lighting for the capacitive buttons aren't the same either. Even battery power seems to differ running the same OS version with the same apps and exact same usage. In the battery test my 925 outlasted my wifes by a good amount.
3. Even the vibrating sound/feel is distinctly different with these 2 925's

So how can 2 925's bought at exactly the same time differ in so many areas? The answer is that they were manufactured using different parts at different times (unlikely since the 925 is relatively new to market) or more likely the manufacturing process used is not as precise.

I like the idea of Win phone 8 and will keep the device for the next year or 2 (if they can provide me one that works as expected). Microsoft is throwing a lot of money at it and I won't bet against them, but the hardware build quality must improve! Hopefully MS can start to challenge Apple now that they bought Nokia's smartphone division.

If you read this and you are an iPhone user don't trust the reviews saying the 925 has superb build quality. Is it good? I would say yes but not close to an iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo