Bugs / Defects with your Lumia 925

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody, for me is the same about the fact that I don't know if my issue has been treated before here in this forum. I own Lumia 925 with windows 8.1 DP and sometime, more frequently the last period, it freeze and restart using IE and after I receive a phone call when the device is on my jeans back pocket the touch screen is unresponsive until I push the central button on the right side oh the phone and then double touch on the screen for answer the call.

Same issue with IE, software. Is there any lint in your jeans pocket? Try wiping screen around front camera after removing from jeans.

vishal mehta1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone..i updated windows phone 8.1 update 1 few weeks back. I have noticed one big problem...when I click on whatsapp or messenger or battery saver app it takes ages to load..than it crashes and than the app doesn't start even if you touch it...ample times..i have to wait for sometime..until it starts again...any ideas how to get this resolved...i already did a hard reset but still same problem.

Shyamal Vibhakar

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been using a Nokia Lumia 925 since about a year and half now. It had been working fine until a couple months ago. I travelled to Kenya and the phone was on roaming. Once I came back, the problem started a couple days later. The phone keeps rebooting. Whenever it reboots it starts in flight mode. When I remove turn off the flight mode, it begins to search for network. But fails most of the time and reboots again. It keeps on doing that.

I have been to various forums and tried the following things:
1) Soft reset
2) Hard reset
3) Selecting the network manually (the sim is detected but the network search, manually, is always unsuccessful.)
4) Making sure the cable that connects the two antennas is properly attached.
5) Tried other sim cards on the phone

None of the above options worked. The phone sometimes finds the signal and works for sometime, then again the whole rebooting with flight mode on begins.

I use a Vodafone India network. The phone bought was also an unlocked version.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If hard reset doesn't fix, its either a hardware problem or corruption in the Windows image. The former is the most likely. But if the latter, reflashing the phone might fix things. Search for Nokia Recovery tool. I think there is also another program that can do it. They run on a Windows PC and flash the phone over USB.

I have been using a Nokia Lumia 925 since about a year and half now. It had been working fine until a couple months ago. I travelled to Kenya and the phone was on roaming. Once I came back, the problem started a couple days later. The phone keeps rebooting. Whenever it reboots it starts in flight mode. When I remove turn off the flight mode, it begins to search for network. But fails most of the time and reboots again. It keeps on doing that.

I have been to various forums and tried the following things:
1) Soft reset
2) Hard reset
3) Selecting the network manually (the sim is detected but the network search, manually, is always unsuccessful.)
4) Making sure the cable that connects the two antennas is properly attached.
5) Tried other sim cards on the phone

None of the above options worked. The phone sometimes finds the signal and works for sometime, then again the whole rebooting with flight mode on begins.

I use a Vodafone India network. The phone bought was also an unlocked version.

ajknight7

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
So, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times but nothing seems to fix it: my 925 has been afflicted with the HORRENOUS yellow-tint post processing, with AND without flash. The picture preview is gorgeous, and the actual picture is tinted and much more blurry. Due to the radical change in quality on the phone itself, I can safely say its not the warm color profile of the screen, and viewing these images on the computer makes it only marginally better. Toying with the White Balance only works very marginally, often times just saturating the picture with a different color ON TOP OF the original tint and blur.

My pictures are virtually unuseable and my Ativ S Neo now takes better pictures. Any solution? Cyan did not solve this like I hoped and it looks like I might just have to live with it.

I have this same exact problem. Besides the camera part, i think the phone is great! My phone is already out of warranty(if it was a hardware issue) so i'm not sure what can fix this...

Snomii

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes facebook account on my girlfriends L 925 starts acting weird and somehow disables itself. It is still listed under email+account, but contacts are either gone or missing photos. Removing FB account and re-adding it helps, but I want to find out why this happens.

ibrahimcelik

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a 925 one month ago and am currently using a wireless charging cover and plate to charge it. I fear using the micro usb charger because the micro usb part is too hard to plug in and out and I think it may cause a problem about the charging socket. Is there anybody else with the same difficulty, or is my fear in vain? Thanks in advance for the replies!

indkal

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I purchased Lumia 925 with T-Mobile Feb 2014. In Dec 2014 the Lumia's earpiece went bad, so T-Mobile exchanged the phone. T-mobile said that the exchanged phone was a new phone. Now again yesterday Lumia 925 stopped working. It is currently dead - it won't power up or charge. All of a sudden I noticed it is blank. That is in 2 months two Lumia 925 have gone bad. I will check with T-Mobile on what to do next. I am extremely disappointed in the quality of the phones made by Nokia/Microsoft.

indkal

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Update: I found that the Windows (Start) button quietly blinking. The battery was too low. Don't know how the battery drained from above 50% to zero in about an hour. Glad I had a 635 as a backup. Any reason for quick drain on battery?

LeBoc

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
my 925 kind of crashed. the display stays black but the phone is still on (gets connected to the computer and the camera button and camera still works).
biggest problem is - i can't do a hard reset because the power button doesn't work at all since a few months... any idea??

Feroci0us

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a screen flickering problem whenever I scroll down a site for example news feed. At first it doesnt show but the more I scroll the more its apparent.

Charlotte Fletcher

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
After putting a new case on, my screen refused to wake up. Pushing buttons on the side causes the capacitive buttons to light up, notification sounds are occuring from facebook messages, vibrates when a call is trying to come through. When I try to do a soft reset it vibrates and the screen lights up with randomly coloured pixels, but nothing meaningful. Any suggestions?

Wasi Jeelani

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 925 does not vibrate at all when ringing nor the navigation keys give any vibrations (haptic feedback).. i even checked the settings and switched them on/off (even switched battery saver mode "off").. Also tried hard and soft reset, to no effect!! Anyone experiencing this issue or have any solutions please reply ??

Alex Carvalho1

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My lumia update was left a time when I came back he was dead. No power, not charging the battery, and is not recognized by repair programs lumia recovery tools

Mohan Harsha Kota

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I am from India and i recently switched to lumia 925.
Actually the problem is that i am unable to to add words to my suggestions list.And also all the suggestions that i have stored are not being showed up.Swiping now has really become difficult because i am missing my native added words from my suggestions.
I have soft reset the phone many times.I use language:English(India),Region :India. But speech :UK (but thats only access cortana as alpha version).I used to add words but recently i am not.PLZ HELP ME.....!!!!
PLZ FIX THE BUG

Quixtar

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, please help me, I am tired of this bug!
Everytime I want to watch video in portrait mode in apps like Metrotube, Tubecast, and now in 6tag video upload screen, my screen start twitchy (it looks like half part of my screen is flickering and shaking) and after some seconds phone gets locked to lock screen. It's kind of a strange bug, and I have tried to write to Metrotube app developers, but as they replied, they can not replicate this bug. I have 8.1 version of Windows and I have reinstalled it once when I rolled back from 10 insider preview. Nothing helps and bug still there. I can not watch video in portrait mode, because phone screen lock appears right after video starts to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05