Lumia 720 and Visual Voicemail on AT&T

jaburk

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with visual voicemail on AT&T? I can dial into voicemail but when I go to visual voicemail it just says its checking then "Can't connect to visual voicemail". I reall like this phone and everything else seems to work perfectly. I hope I can get this voicemail issue resolved.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think AT&T sold the 720? You bought it elsewhere?

VVM is something that has to be unlocked phone by phone. When you connect a phone that AT&T supports (like a Lumia 920) it automatically unlocks it on their system. Example...the WP7 phones had it, but AT&T was still "testing" and wouldn't turn it on right away.

My guess would be you have a phone they don't recognize and need to call them up to turn it on for you?

miloadams

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
were you able to resolve this issue with visual voicemail? i just recently purchased a Lumia 720 and having the same issue on AT&T. "can't connect to visual voicemail..." also have updates worked for your phone? was curious what current OS and firmware build we have for our device. i'm currently at build 8.0.10211 and firmware 1030.6409

miloadams

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
visual voicemail still does not work. I also cannot receive pictures sent via text on ATT. anyone else? can someone help please? I've only had the L720 for a few days. need help!

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
VVM on ATT doesn't work with the 720, same with internet tethering, and LTE - those are carrier specific and don't work on an unlocked 720. I haven't had any problem with text/pictures.

miloadams

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS!?!

visual voicemail (VVM) on unlocked Lumia 720s DOES work on ATT. I was able to get it to!

go to Settings>access point>"AT&T - LTE 2 -Lumia"

make sure this choice is active and NOT "AT&T 3G"

also also...He is risen!

I think that rounds out some good news for Lumia 720s on ATT..."now I'm a believer"

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
also also...He is risen!

I think that rounds out some good news for Lumia 720s on ATT..."now I'm a believer"

Did you have to call them to activate anything? What phone were you using before the 720? (Curious is VVM was already set to work on the line you are using)

He is risen indeed!

But Easter was a couple months ago...? haha

miloadams

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
i did not call ATT. i switched my SIM to my new L720. i was getting the same "unable to connect to VVM," until i modified settings under "access point." i was using a L900 on ATT prior (the L900 did have VVM).

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice one on the switch to LTE 2 - Lumia - my visual voice mail works now. That said, my internet tethering now doesn't work...switching back to 3G didn't do it, but I didn't restart either. Any clues on the internet tethering - I'm on an unlimited plan, from the old Cingular days.

miloadams

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
internet tethering is a feature you have to enable/add to your account (i don't have this feature enabled to my acct) there is a fee.

this feature worked for you before? try LTE 1 -Lumia. I have heard this may work for you to bypass, and get tethering to work on ATT.

also just be careful if you have a grandfathered plan on ATT if you upgrade to a tethering feature/plan you may lose your grandfathered status (I've heard). also also I've heard ATT is trying to catch up with those bypassing subscription requiring them to sign-up or pay.

I still cannot seem to send or receive mms picture texts. any ideas why?

Derman

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
On the internet tethering...it seems to work on the 3G access point, but then VVM doesn't work (I have a grandfathered plan and use it very selectively). On LTE 2, MMS and tethering don't work, but VVM does work. On LTE 1, MMS and VVM work for me, but - alas - not tethering.

On tethering, if you get 'caught', there is a note put in your account record - from the level two/three support guy at AT&T, they are looking for 2+ hours of heavy traffic - i.e., streaming movies.

I also have some freezing, but it seems really random to me on what causes it. Soft reset cures it....so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion