920 Owners Hating on the 925

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
hm.. I am just going to go ahead and say what I think of the current gen Lumias..

They are a "stop gap" until Microsoft gets their act together and allows Nokia to bring out their camera tech, 1080p screens, faster SoC, and hopefully better power management. They are not the best Nokia could do with the currently available technology to them. In other words.. the 928/925/920 are a compromise.

So.. therefore we will see new phones come out in a rather quick succession, because they are already behind, and at the same time they don't have to wait for any new hardware.. its already there. All they need is for the software to allow them to start using it.

Its always nice to buy a phone that you think is "future proof" for your needs, and when I look at the current Lumia range, I don't see a phone that fits my criteria of such a device. I like to use my phones for at least 2 years without feeling left behind...

harchestr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a 920 owner and I love the look of the 925.. I can't wait to get those new features. It is good to see T Mobile get a high end Windows phone. Now just waiting for one to go to Sprint. With all the carriers having it the user base should grow.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I am a 920 owner and I love the look of the 925.. I can't wait to get those new features. It is good to see T Mobile get a high end Windows phone. Now just waiting for one to go to Sprint. With all the carriers having it the user base should grow.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Sprint. They don't seem interested in Windows Phone at all, even though they're supposed to be getting a phone from Samsung and HTC. They're too busy trying to sell iPhones.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
why so much hate when Nokia itself said 925 is NOT a replacement for 920? lol

we are yet to see the next flagship, prolly next semester...when 920 completes 1 year!

releasing a new flagship now would enrage pplz even more, cause just 6-7 months after they bought 920, there would be a new and better one :/

that's why 925 isn't supposed to be better, just a variant aimed at a different public!

just read Nokia's Q&A about 925 and you guys will understand the point of this phone lol

and calm down pplz, i'm sure when Nokia announces 920 successor, it will be smth big and beautiful :D

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am a 920 owner and having had a few minutes with the 925(was lucky enough to get into the launch party) i have to say it is an exceptional device and a welcomed addition to the lumia line. The screen on the device is amazing, amoled makes WP8 look glorious and gdr2 seems to add even more speed to the OS. Finally the new camera app is amazing, cant wait for the Amber update....

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what the big fuss is all about. Anyway, i am a 920 owner and the only thing i really envy on the 925 is the light weight. 920 too big too heavy, i wish nokia would do away with some of the bezel make it smaller. so a 4.5 inch phone isn't the same size as a 4.8 inch phone.

Anyway, if 920 owners are upset, not sure why, 925 nor 928 are not att phones. Yes you can use an unlocked 920 on tmobile, but lets remove that for this discussion. Who cares about the 925 or 928, those are different carriers. If nokia released the 920 variant on the two carriers that were same exact, nokia's stock would tumble even more than it already did today, that is just recycling and being lazy.

Nokia improved some things (camera) and removed some things (built in wireless charging) so what, it is expected.

Personally, i dont like the design of the 928 or 925 and looks like they are going away with the color variants we see with the other lumia devices and sticking with white black and i guess silver which i think is generic. The color options probably dont play much of a role on sales, but still, its a small differentiation to other phones.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The negative comments from some of the Lumia 920 owners are very childish and disappointing. Truth is, if the Lumia 925 had everything that the Lumia 920, sans the yellow, red, and cyan colors, then those same Lumia 920 owners would be mad because Nokia released a device that was on par with Lumia 920 and with, while subjective, a favorable design.

I like the Lumia 920, 925, and 928. And I like, even more so, that Nokia is actually putting thought behind their designs instead of just release plain and unimaginative slabs.
I absolutely agree here with you. It is really great that Nokia has released 7 phones since October. If trend continues, and I am certain it will, we will have another 7 devices by the end of the year. All while Apple releases 2 phones.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Its always nice to buy a phone that you think is "future proof" for your needs, and when I look at the current Lumia range, I don't see a phone that fits my criteria of such a device. I like to use my phones for at least 2 years without feeling left behind...

I don't think that there is any current phone on any platform that was built 2 years or more ahead of technology trends. The s4, I phone 5, z10, and 920 will all seem outdated in 2015-2016. If the hardware doesn't seem outdated, the software or data speeds will.

Technology is being manufactured as a continuous evolution to ensure that sales are always present. If a manufacturer makes a phone that has 2 yrs worth of future technology, they would only see sales growth every 2 years...and I don't think any major manufacturer wants that. But I do get where you're coming from. :)

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is for a different market, if Nokia and Microsoft are to eat BB they need devices that are classic, classy and presentable for the business world.

This is also why it only needs 16Gb to start with. If it sells well, Nokia can quickly add even a 64Gb version.

As to less advanced that the 920... In what... The phone is a big improvement where it counts to get into the market that is aimed at.
It is easier to hold because it is lighter and smaller. It looks classy in these basic contrast colors and with the aluminum frame.
It has an improved camera. Improved Li-Po battery.
You can add wireless charging with cover that you can select in fun colors if you wish. It used a AMOLED display which is simply the best
choice for Windows Phone because of the power savings it generates and also because of the superb colors which customers like.

So in what way is the 925 an inferior device? Running WP8 you get a good fluid interface. To do the same on Android you need a quad core S4.
This phone makes perfect sense if Nokia markets it well to corporations.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is for a different market, if Nokia and Microsoft are to eat BB they need devices that are classic, classy and presentable for the business world.

This is also why it only needs 16Gb to start with. If it sells well, Nokia can quickly add even a 64Gb version.

As to less advanced that the 920... In what... The phone is a big improvement where it counts to get into the market that is aimed at.
It is easier to hold because it is lighter and smaller. It looks classy in these basic contrast colors and with the aluminum frame.
It has an improved camera. Improved Li-Po battery.
You can add wireless charging with cover that you can select in fun colors if you wish. It used a AMOLED display which is simply the best
choice for Windows Phone because of the power savings it generates and also because of the superb colors which customers like.

So in what way is the 925 an inferior device? Running WP8 you get a good fluid interface. To do the same on Android you need a quad core S4.
This phone makes perfect sense if Nokia markets it well to corporations.
I completely agree! Although I have a blue 8x I know that it is not the most "business" looking device. I would prefer a metal and gray look. As for the 16G of storage. Most business people store everything in the "cloud" these days. My 8x only has 8G and I have over 4G available.
Sent from my AT&T Cali Blue HTC 8x using Board Express

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 920 and I'm a big fan of the 925. I doubt it has the creaking and build issues that the 920 has with that aluminium frame. If I had a choice between the two I'd probably go for the 925 for the AMOLED screen alone, that lockscreen clock and the whole OS are much better with an AMOLED screen. The hands on videos of the 925 with that lockscreen clock are pretty cool, only the clock part of the screen gets lit which can't be done on the 920. I did always want an N9 and loved that design so I'm still a big fan of my 920 and its built in wireless charging. In the end they're both really nice phones.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the 925. The only thing that stopping me is T-mobile. Their broken promises on firmware/device support (Lumia 810).

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting more from the 925. Nokia's "catwalk" phone. Supermodel? More like skinny girl with back braces and a bulging cancerous lumps. I swear it is the ugliest WP phone I have seen to date. I can't believe they even allowed the bulging plastic and camera lip. You know how when you get a cheap aftermarket cover for a Samsung phone that doesn't fit right and you also didn't push the battery in properly so it sticks out and isn't flush, pushing the back cover upwards as well? Yeah it looks like that, but way worse. There's a giant hole like it got shot with a bullet or took to many cancer sticks in the factory .

Ok, so I have to say that your 2 references to cancer lumps and ugliness is disgusting! I have lost friends and family members to cancer...i have one that's dying of cancer as I type this! She has a lump in her breast that is cancerous, and it can't be removed.

I know you don't like the appearance of the 925, and that's perfectly fine, but to make a reference to its non-beauty as an ugly cancer lump is distasteful! I am offended and anyone that may be battling cancer or who has battled it in the past may also be offended. I know it may have not been your intention, but I just had to express that your reference is offensive to me. Thank you for reading.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the main reason I'd imagine I would hate the 925 if I had just bought the 920 (which I did a few months ago, but returned thank god) would be the addition of the sixth lens element to the camera. Which I'm surprised has had so little fanfair.

This addition from what I've read was to directly address complaints about how soft daylight photos are on the 920. Given how great low light is on the 920, this (assuming it's effective) would certainly topple the iPhone 5 as best overall camera on a phone. For god's sake ISO levels on the 925 go up to 3200!! ON A PHONE!
This is the sort of thing that would enrage me if I HAD just bought a 920....thankfully I'm nothing but excited now.

Pleased as well with the return to amoled. As a past-owner of the lumia 800 I loved the perfect deep blacks and tile-vibrancy, and how it was difficult to see where the screen ended (with the black bodied model). IPS just doesn't provide this.

I'm not too bothered about weight improvements or the use of aluminium....it's real world hardware improvements I care about not aesthetic design changes.

Visa's at the ready Nokia...hurry please because my 4s looks like it's just come back from a war.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 and I'm really excited for the 925! I'm with T-Mobile, so I had to import an unbranded 920. Now that T-Mobile has its own Lumia flagship, people won't have to do that anymore. It's a beautiful, thin Lumia and I think it's going to do well.

I'm going to keep my 920, though, because I want to see if Nokia announces the EOS.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
-No wireless charging - big time saver for me
-Don't like the bulging camera - rather ugly.

Exactly. I love my 920, it's beautiful. One of the best designed phones ever. I'm pretty sure the next true flagship - the 930 will be thinner, lighter with the 41mp PureView but losing none of the capabilities of the 920.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm detecting quite a bit of rationalizing going on around here. 920 owners are hating on the 925 so they can feel better about being stuck with their 920 while new Lumia's are released. It's a disappointment, a step back, who cares if it's thinner, etc....... too funny.

The only thing that I disliked about lumia 925 is placement of mini USB port on top. It is one step backward and it looks ugly. Nokia should avoid this with its flagship devices. 925 is more a kind of variant of 920. I don't see anything advanced. This device came after almost 9 months after lumia 920. What we have is same hardware, same screen, almost the same camera. Nokia should have come up with a quad core and full hd screen. But it looks like that Microsoft has made an oath to remain a generation behind the high end android devices

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss