920 Owners Hating on the 925

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm detecting quite a bit of rationalizing going on around here. 920 owners are hating on the 925 so they can feel better about being stuck with their 920 while new Lumia's are released. It's a disappointment, a step back, who cares if it's thinner, etc....... too funny.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its typical of the insecurity of people who always have to find ways to make themselves feel better when something more advanced comes out. I personally have a 920 and have no problem with the 925, I think its very good looking and hope it does well. And I think it will.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Also note that there appear to be people hating on the 925 that don't have a 920, but still get the "chill and enjoy your 920" type responses.

Joy, this is fun.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Kind of a blanket statement that isn't true. I have a 920 and am just fine with the 925. More Windows Phones out there and more chances for people to get them the better. I don't feel stuck with my phone at all. I know I'm in for 2 years and I'm good with it.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The 925/928 are the new kids on the block, and it may take a minute to embrace them...but I welcome them with open arms and a baked apple pie (or fresh screen protector and case...) Lol! Seriously, While it may be a defense mechanism for some, I think some 920 owners expected a "new Lumia" unveiling instead of a new Lumia 920 variant unveiling. Lol. The reality is that the "shelf life" of a smartphone's interest is about 6-9 months now. So ppl are ready to move on to greater things and a huge London event was probably disappointing for some.

On the other hand, Lumia 920 owners should be ecstatic that they are going to have one of the best camera apps available! They should also be proud to own a smartphone that won "Smartphone of the Year"!

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The 925/928 are the new kids on the block, and it may take a minute to embrace them...but I welcome them with open arms and a baked apple pie (or fresh screen protector and case...) Lol! Seriously, While it may be a defense mechanism for some, I think some 920 owners expected a "new Lumia" unveiling instead of a new Lumia 920 variant unveiling. Lol. The reality is that the "shelf life" of a smartphone's interest is about 6-9 months now. So ppl are ready to move on to greater things and a huge London event was probably disappointing for some.

On the other hand, Lumia 920 owners should be ecstatic that they are going to have one of the best camera apps available! They should also be proud to own a smartphone that won "Smartphone of the Year"!

while I agree with the camera app, I want Nokia to bring a software update to improve daylight pictures, because the new 925 having an extra lens will definitely have better pictures, sadly im on AT&T and I cannot get it. They should have made all of this phones available on every carrier, just like Samsung, Apple and HTC.

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Kind of a blanket statement that isn't true. I have a 920 and am just fine with the 925. More Windows Phones out there and more chances for people to get them the better. I don't feel stuck with my phone at all.

Agreed. Welcome, T-Mo (and Verizon) peeps! Let's all relax and enjoy our Lumia devices.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I find it annoying when people take offense to criticism. And the reason why I find it annoying is because people are resorting to straw men arguments. Instead of countering those criticisms with legitimate arguments people resort to condemning the individual.

Yes, my friends, it is possible for people to be critical without having an emotional investment.

I don't care what Nokia does because it has no impact on my life. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new 920 owner (switched from the 810, which I did love) and I don't get all the anti-925 comments. I think the 925 is gorgeous. Had I waited for the summer to get a new phone, the 925 probably would have been it, although I'm not sure I trust T-Mobile much anymore with updates and such for WP devices after they EOL'd the 810 after only 5 months. Still, the 925 is a stunner and looks great in all three colors. I would have definitely snagged one in white. I don't get the "hideous" comments at all. I love that it's aluminum, light and thin.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
while I agree with the camera app, I want Nokia to bring a software update to improve daylight pictures, because the new 925 having an extra lens will definitely have better pictures, sadly im on AT&T and I cannot get it. They should have made all of this phones available on every carrier, just like Samsung, Apple and HTC.

When att released the 920 exclusively, many ppl complained that it wasn't available to everyone. A lot of att customers were glad that they were with the exclusive carrier. Now that the 6 month exclusivity period is up, an updated version of the 920 surfaces on 2 new networks and att customers are complaining that its not available to everyone.

The reality is exclusivity hurts customers. Its not your fault, but at some point you (and I and alot of us) will benefit from it. So, the pendulum has swung back to the other side...we either have to deal with it or change it.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
As a 920 owner I find it sad that people are already trying to create "fights" among ourselves (WP8 users). I'm glad to see the 925 and 928 (which we have anticipated for quite a while now). We have all waited a long time for more carriers to have quality WP8s and this would only help us all in the long term. This should be a big push for the windows phone momentum, not a new reason to discredit each other.

I personally wished the new iterations could be even better to really put the iOS and S4 in shame.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm detecting quite a bit of rationalizing going on around here. 920 owners are hating on the 925 so they can feel better about being stuck with their 920 while new Lumia's are released. It's a disappointment, a step back, who cares if it's thinner, etc....... too funny.

Stuck with the 920? I'd buy the 920 over the 925 if I were buying a new Lumia today. 16GB storage is pathetic I'm currently using more than that on my 920. It's also pretty ugly and doesn't have Qi charging built in.

Great that it's cheaper than the 920. But it's cheaper for a reason: it's not as good.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same basic hardware, different chassis. Many of the software centric camera improvements are coming to the 920 and other Lumia devices. As a 920 owner I don't see a reason to complain or hate on the 925/928 because the differences are minor. Furthermore, I don't see a reason to hate anyone for choosing Windows Phone no matter what device they get. To all future WP owners, I say, welcome to the family.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I kind of agree with the OP. Reading through posts and comments from all the 925 stories today and the most negativity seems to be coming from those who already have a 920. Some of it sounds a bit like insecurity, while others sound like they were looking for an upgrade to something else. The 920 just came out 6 months ago, how many more phones are you going to buy??

I personally think the phone looks great, the wireless shells look nice too.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Each phone has it's advantages. The AMOLED screen is a nice touch but 16GB of storage can be a minus for some, others not as much (though some carriers are rumored to have 32G variants). The design is always going to be debatable - the 925 looks a bit iPhone-ish to me with its hard edges. No built in wireless does kind of suck, nice of them to give you the option to add it though.

For me, I'll be keeping my 920 for now - mostly because it's a BUILD phone and unlocked, unbranded, pentaband variant. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb