Lumia 925: A "Flagship Device" with just 16GB internal storage and NO microSD support

madogmoody

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I am in love with the lumia 925 design, small weight, and capabilities, but this 16gb storage is ridiculous and will turn into a huge debacle, Nokia seems to be trying to cut corners on a device that is a "High-End Flagship" where cutting corners is unheard of. Most OEM's pack as much specs as possible into their flagship devices, and memory isn't a space issue, its a cost issue. NOKIA, PLEASE PUT IN A MINIMUM OF 32GB OF STORAGE IN ALL OF YOUR FLAGSHIPS!!!

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. And to boot, it isn't even that great of a cost issue. Seriously, these manufacturers bend people over for a $10 part, if that.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am in love with the lumia 925 design, small weight, and capabilities, but this 16gb storage is ridiculous and will turn into a huge debacle, Nokia seems to be trying to cut corners on a device that is a "High-End Flagship" where cutting corners is unheard of. Most OEM's pack as much specs as possible into their flagship devices, and memory isn't a space issue, its a cost issue. NOKIA, PLEASE PUT IN A MINIMUM OF 32GB OF STORAGE IN ALL OF YOUR FLAGSHIPS!!!

Its weird, because HTC stated that according to their research, 16 GB suited most ppl. Ppl argued that that notion was insane...nokia decided that some ppl just don't need 32 GB of storage (Though I believe an option for 32gb would have been ideal.) But, if you watched the press event, Ms. Jo stated that Nokia worked with each carrier to develop their own flagship version. The 16 GB variant could have very well been a T-Mobile decision...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
NAH NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO!

But yeh, this was a terrible decision on their part, should have had one or the other. Makes the 925 a no go. Typically I wouldn't mind 16 GB but with a camera like that, I will certainly take advantage of it!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
NAH NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO, STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO!

But yeh, this was a terrible decision on their part, should have had one or the other. Makes the 925 a no go. Typically I wouldn't mind 16 GB but with a camera like that, I will certainly take advantage of it!

I have to agree...if the ccamera and video capturing is as awesome as they say it is, then 32 GB or SD card support...I'll take either (or both LOL!)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Why not just give users the option of either a 16GB version or a 32GB version for a slightly higher cost? We know there is a 32GB out there for Vodaphone so why not give that to everyone else too.

I will wait and see if the T-Mo version will have 32GB before deciding on this or the 928.

Delin95

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Why not just give users the option of either a 16GB version or a 32GB version for a slightly higher cost? We know there is a 32GB out there for Vodaphone so why not give that to everyone else too.

I will wait and see if the T-Mo version will have 32GB before deciding on this or the 928.
Maybe vodafone wanted it to be exclusive to them.

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Packing down from my 64gb phone is going to be a squeeze, but I don't really use most of the music on my phone often anyway. It is definitely going to push me towards Xbox Music and Skydrive, which I think is partially the intention. With good data speeds I won't need to even have music on my phone, the 16gb will all be app storage.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It looks great but in no way makes me want to switch from my 920. So I'm happy.

It has never, ever meant to replace Lumia 920. It's a continuation till the GDR3 update with new SoC and screen resolutions supported. In others it's still EOS us Lumia 920 owners are waiting and like the rumors have been saying, that's out somewhere in fall with GDR3.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This is a phone which is supposed to be for the crowd which wanted slim phone..

Check Iphone they have 16, 32, 64 (not sure about 64) but guess which is everyone has got and is popular? - You got it right.. 16 GB. I don't see any one complaining.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Check Iphone they have 16, 32, 64 (not sure about 64) but guess which is everyone has got and is popular? - You got it right.. 16 GB. I don't see any one complaining.

Yes, but that's because 32 and 64 GB were MEGA more expensive, and they just want an iPhone, because they want to be cool. My aunt has an iPhone and she doesn't even know her apple account password, of course she's gonna get the cheapest one.

But at least they have a choice, we don't. it's either 16GB or move to UK.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
But at least they have a choice, we don't. it's either 16GB or move to UK.

well in your statement that you don't have a choice, you gave two choices..:).. kidding aside, I understand what you are saying. But I think What you have in IPhone is in one model with three different memory. Look at Nokia win 8 phone you have around 6 phones and counting. You have your choices there..

Would have been good to have it at 32 instead of 16 but hey they want to sell 920 too...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll just wait for my 810 to bite the dust, and just look forward to the future. 16 gigs is silly. The primary reason I got the Nokia over the HTC was expandable memory. At this point HTC 8X=Nokia 925.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
well in your statement that you don't have a choice, you gave two choices..:).. kidding aside, I understand what you are saying. But I think What you have in IPhone is in one model with three different memory. Look at Nokia win 8 phone you have around 6 phones and counting. You have your choices there..

Would have been good to have it at 32 instead of 16 but hey they want to sell 920 too...

:D
What I would like, is xenon flash on 928, but 925 is way prettier, and 928 is only available for Verizon in US, which sucks.
I still have couple of months of contract, maybe something new will come out by then

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
16GB doesn't make any sense... I don't know what's wrong with Nokia, but it seems like their old days of trying to save money on silly things like that are not over.

Verizon got the best "920 variant" .. good for them :)

That xenon flash alone puts in well ahead..

fightcrazy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, 16gb of int storage just ruined the phone. To cut corners like that just killed this phone before it even makes it to market. Who is are the idiots making these decisions?
Vinny

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
:D
What I would like, is xenon flash on 928, but 925 is way prettier, and 928 is only available for Verizon in US, which sucks.
I still have couple of months of contract, maybe something new will come out by then

Well for a Phone manufacturer what is the work other than keep flooding the market. So they will come up with something soon. I think for EOS they may already have different versions. Also may be a phablet also in store. lets wait and see.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll just wait for my 810 to bite the dust, and just look forward to the future. 16 gigs is silly. The primary reason I got the Nokia over the HTC was expandable memory. At this point HTC 8X=Nokia 925.

You are right.. I was so pissed off with the 16 GB when I woke up.. but well if it bites the dust, I hope Nokia would have learnt the lesson with that..

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am considering a full wipe of my 8X due to the limitation of 16GB. It wasn't an issue on my iPhone 4 because I had 2GB free most of the time, but with the "Other" storage taking up a huge chunk of what would be free space, 16 GB doesn't cut it. I feel they should have spec'd the new devices to work around that issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte