Lumia 925: A "Flagship Device" with just 16GB internal storage and NO microSD support

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
"The Lumia 925 is Nokia's latest Windows Phone, along with the Lumia 928 but many have been concerned that Vodafone appears to have the 32GB version of the Lumia 925, while everyone else has to deal with 16GB of internal storage. It's now come to light that T-Mobile will also be picking up the model with 32GB of storage, which will surely please many to know that it may not be that much of an exclusivity."

I guess T-Mobile execs read this website!
I am for sure going to buy it if it in the same ballpark in price as the 928 or 920 series.
Hooray for the consumer!
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I have to temper your enthusiasm just a bit. What has been found and is being mentioned currently is via Deutsche Telekom in Germany, from a screenshot of a terminal over there. Yes, they are the parent company of T-Mobile US, but their device portfolio is vastly different than that in the US. They had the iPhone for years before T-Mobile US got it. And they've had plenty of other good devices that we don't have over here. Additionally, the title of the article you are referring to is "32GB Nokia Lumia 925 also heading to Germany's Deutsche Telekom?"

I got excited, too, but only more excited because it looks like Vodafone isn't the only one and there's at least some chance that others can get it. I've seen far too many exciting device announcements from T-Mobile Germany to get excited on this end, because they never seem to come over to this side of the world.

The most solid info to date regarding T-Mobile US is from an email someone sent off to John Legere (CEO of T-Mobile US) asking for them to get the 32 GB version (also, moving the logo off the front) and Legere actually replied with a "I'll consider it" and CC'ed the email to T-Mobile's Chief Marketing Officer. Still, assuming the email is real and not faked, that's about as solid as we've got right now. T-Mobile CEO willing to consider getting the 32 GB Nokia Lumia 925 | WMPoweruser

My apologies if you're not in the US, and are actually referring to T-Mobile in Germany.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I have to temper your enthusiasm just a bit. What has been found and is being mentioned currently is via Deutsche Telekom in Germany, from a screenshot of a terminal over there. Yes, they are the parent company of T-Mobile US, but their device portfolio is vastly different than that in the US. They had the iPhone for years before T-Mobile US got it. And they've had plenty of other good devices that we don't have over here. Additionally, the title of the article you are referring to is "32GB Nokia Lumia 925 also heading to Germany's Deutsche Telekom?"

I got excited, too, but only more excited because it looks like Vodafone isn't the only one and there's at least some chance that others can get it. I've seen far too many exciting device announcements from T-Mobile Germany to get excited on this end, because they never seem to come over to this side of the world.

The most solid info to date regarding T-Mobile US is from an email someone sent off to John Legere (CEO of T-Mobile US) asking for them to get the 32 GB version (also, moving the logo off the front) and Legere actually replied with a "I'll consider it" and CC'ed the email to T-Mobile's Chief Marketing Officer. Still, assuming the email is real and not faked, that's about as solid as we've got right now. T-Mobile CEO willing to consider getting the 32 GB Nokia Lumia 925 | WMPoweruser

My apologies if you're not in the US, and are actually referring to T-Mobile in Germany.

Well, there is hope I guess. I think it sort of strange that T-Mobile USA would only care the "entry level" of the top of the line Nokia that has only 16GB and their competitors are all 32GB. Not sure how they can compete since the difference in pricing is $100. But most people who buy top of the line flagship phones have the $$$ to pay an additional $100 for a 32GB and if they are on contract then it only $10 dollars more each month too!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the major problem is they are going off their low Windows Phone sales of Lumia 810 and 8X, so are probably preparing for more low sales with the 925. Flagship or not. They have to actually order large quantities of these devices in advance, and if they don't sell then it's lost money. They're instead putting all their muscle behind the iPhone and, to a lesser degree, Samsung devices... maybe a little HTC. But mostly the iPhone. I think every other device they just assume people won't pay much money for. Problem is, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts, because they keep cutting us short with lower end WP devices or those with slashed features, so they don't get the volume of sales they might have gotten if they gave us the best they could....

At least the 925 has that extra lens and aluminum. That's at least something special and differentiating.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
You know what I'd like? Carriers to do a sort of "kickstarter" campaign for their phones. Wait until enough people order a phone for it to be worth the carrier ordering, then place the order. Or even better, have certain prices for number of phones ordered. The more people order the phone you want, the cheaper the phone is. Instead of waiting around with stock on hand for weeks or months, just move to online purchases. Keep a few dumbphones in your stores for when people break theirs, but other than that, just display phones. It would reduce their cost and guarantee that the customer gets the phone they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon