AWS 1700/2100 on AT&T Lumia 920

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't make it out to Portland today to test for 3G/"4G"... BUT, I am tomorrow.

I also flashed to Rogers, because I wanted to see if I could run the hardware test in Nokia Care Suite, (as apparently there's a hardware test/tool that can show detailed RF information, and running RM-821 on RM-820 just threw out errors with NCS,) but I couldn't get it to work. So tomorrow I'll find out.

RashoreZ

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Great! I am also eager to know if AWS is enabled. I followed the xda post and flashed a series of roms from AT&T Portico to Rogers. And then I further flashed from Rogers to Euro Dev again. I can confirmed that this Euro Rom does not cripple the LTE radio. I live in a T-mobile refarmed area so I cannot tell if AWS has been enabled.

I can't make it out to Portland today to test for 3G/"4G"... BUT, I am tomorrow.

I also flashed to Rogers, because I wanted to see if I could run the hardware test in Nokia Care Suite, (as apparently there's a hardware test/tool that can show detailed RF information, and running RM-821 on RM-820 just threw out errors with NCS,) but I couldn't get it to work. So tomorrow I'll find out.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130526_0007.png
    wp_ss_20130526_0007.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 4

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I suppose I'm one of the unlucky ones to not live in a refarmed area... It doesn't appear to have worked. I guess the "fastest connection" menu option on the Rogers firmware is very useful to me now, no need to go higher than 2G, ever... Better battery life for me!

Bummed that it didn't work still, though... :-/

Last edited:

RashoreZ

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you go to an area that is not yet refarmed? What does the "field test" app say? In the field test app, you'll be able to see if there's any WCDMA towers near you.

I suppose I'm one of the unlucky ones to not live in a refarmed area... It doesn't appear to have worked. I guess the "fastest connection" menu option on the Rogers firmware is very useful to me now, no need to go higher than 2G, ever... Better battery life for me!

Bummed that it didn't work still, though... :-/

Anthony Vangeli

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to try it, but in an area I usually get T-Mobile 3G on my T-Mobile 710, I didn't get any 3G on my 920. Only 2G, and because I flashed to the Rogers ROM, a surprising amount of GPRS instead. (When scanning for networks, AT&T had 2G, 3G, and LTE.)

I'm getting AT&T service sometime soon... There's HSPA+ EVERYWHERE on AT&T here, (even some LTE!) but there are maybe two cities in the ENTIRE state with 3G on T-Mobile. It's ridiculous. Didn't bother me much before on my 710, but that was because it is a generally slow device in comparison with the 920 anyway.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to try it, but in an area I usually get T-Mobile 3G on my T-Mobile 710, I didn't get any 3G on my 920. Only 2G, and because I flashed to the Rogers ROM, a surprising amount of GPRS instead. (When scanning for networks, AT&T had 2G, 3G, and LTE.)

I'm getting AT&T service sometime soon... There's HSPA+ EVERYWHERE on AT&T here, (even some LTE!) but there are maybe two cities in the ENTIRE state with 3G on T-Mobile. It's ridiculous. Didn't bother me much before on my 710, but that was because it is a generally slow device in comparison with the 920 anyway.

Well I warned you already. Anyways you can check your cell coverage by dialing ##3282# and under 3G DCH Status you can check the UARFCN. Mine shows 1912 and from this link (Frequency Calculator) I could tell that I am still using 3G Band IV, i.e. the AWS band. But when I force use 3G Band II, I get the UARFCN as the refarmed frequency since some of my area has been refarmed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99