Now that this phone has been out for a while, how is it holding up?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Do those of you that have had it a while now still like it? Feel like it will last you two years til you upgrade? They have it for 1 penny at AT&T right now, and I am considering it.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hardware - Awesome
Software - Bugs and annoyances , Needs lot of fixes
Apps - Fantastic Quality
Games - Disappointment
Nokia Apps - Great

Most issues I have with my 820 are related to WP8 but not hardware.So , switching to any other Lumia wouldn't make a difference.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I got mine off contract. And, I actually switched from a 920 to the 820. Expandable memory, a more convenient size and removable/replaceable charging shells were deal breakers to me. That said, I am passing it on to my fianc?e in a coupe of weeks.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
It's a very good phone, but with too small of a battery for the specs included. I just wish mine didn't have the noise cancelation problem.

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
this phone is very good ...

i understand that im an "early adopter" for WP8 so i wont judge it
the hardware is something to be proud of "except for the battery, they could've make it bigger, but its fine that i need to charge the phone every night"

and nokia takes a good care about the customers, framework updates and exclusive software and apps.

its a very good phone

syang87

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an addiction of replacing my phone every other month or so, but have not had the desire to replace my 820 anytime soon. I'm rocking the phone in yellow. :) Good luck with your decision

Last edited:

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hardware: seems okay other than a burn spot from the wireless charger.
Software: lots of crashing and locking up, reboots daily.
Apps: severe bugs and crashing
Nokia apps: same as the rest of the apps.

I finally got tired of the apps quality issues and the rebooting. These issues are persistent across oems and versions of WP from 7-8. I ended up buying an iPhone in early February after 2+ years of fighting the above issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

topliner967

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Early on I had some problems with the phone rebooting, but since the 1308 update it's been rock solid (even before the update it was pretty good, meaning maybe one random reboot a month). Haven't experienced much problems with apps at all, a few games that crash on occasion, but that does not seem to be directly related to the phone. Only 8 gb of internal storage means that you'll have problems installing games that take up a lot of space, like the batman or spiderman games.

Overall I'm pleased with the phone (been using it for 5+ months now).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12