I see a success if Nokia prices it well.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If I look at the Lumia 925, with Amoled, 16Gb, an improved camera, I see a success if the pricing is right. The only other competitor with Amoled would be the Samsung Ativ S which ads microSD but lacks the good camera of the 925. I can see this succeed if it is priced at no more than EURO 375.- including 20% VAT in Europe and no more than US$ 490.- in the US (Outright off contract purchase.) The new 925 is nicer made, is lighter and offers much with its Amoled display which should also improve battery life.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think it will do very well as it hits a lot of the right spots but not on this forum, too many people looking for it to fail.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Retail price in quoted in London is around $600. I think the T-Mobile and Nokia will test the waters on this 925. They will see how many will buy it at that price and then after 2 months if not selling well it will reduce it. I will wait to see how it does. I mean if it cut in half because of the 16GB issue; I will probably buy it because of the price. But if T-Mobile adds an 32GB at like $700; then I wait for a special on it and probably buy it at $550!

I think that T-Mobile has a very poor sales/marketing research department. To choose a 16GB instead of the 32GB is insane for a flagship phone! They might be getting people on at the low end that know nothing about phones to base it on sale of the iPhone5 16GB and tell the buyers that the cloud will be the storage device; not the phone which is complete a lie unless you want to burn the cellular data bill to sky high levels.

We will see if it is a consumer driven company or one driven by guess work and cheapness.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nokia quoted 469 Euros before tax, quoting the converted $US price does not reflect the true cost as an import will always be more expensive. The 920 went for $450 off contract so $600 seems way off. Of course quoting the import price always makes the price look worse than it actually is but is pretty pointless as that is not the real price.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Nokia quoted 469 Euros before tax, quoting the converted $US price does not reflect the true cost as an import will always be more expensive. The 920 went for $450 off contract so $600 seems way off. Of course quoting the import price always makes the price look worse than it actually is but is pretty pointless as that is not the real price.

This is right. The Lumia 920 when it was released, the official price in Europe was ?649. A lot more than the Lumia 925's price.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe one of the rumors before the phone was unveiled was that it was meant to be lower cost for unsubsidized buyers. I think the 400-450 range for the North American market would be a nice spot.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The official price is always higher than the price you pay with discounters. What matters is that discounted price. I think the 925 will be around the price I suggest with the discount stores and sell well! Key will be to exhibit all 3 colors in the large stores, cause the 925 looks nice and to get visibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo