Verizon has messed up the 928 just like the 8x!

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I was sooo excited to pick this up tomorrow, but played with the demo model and found out that Verizon limited the screen standby time to only 5 minutes just like they did on the 8x. Why Verizon? I want to be able to have the screen stay on when I am streaming music in my car on a long trip. I don't want to turn the power button on every 5 minutes just to see the screen. Why do they think customers only need a screen on time of 5 minutes? This is ridiculous and probably the main reason why I will not pick this up and move to AT&T. The 920 and the international versions of the 8x have a "never turn screen off" option in the standby settings.

Who can we get to figure out a hack or get Daniel R. to contact Verizon and find out why they continue to mess with these factory phone settings? Verizon sucks!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Drawback of an AMOLED screen is burn in, if you keep your screen on for long periods of time it makes it more likely to happen. And I think this is an OS setting, have the same on my L900 with an AMOLED screen.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
That is great news! I returned my 8x before that last update so maybe they will. They should. Android devices use AMOLED displays and they always have the "never turn the screen off option". You would really need to leave a phone on for a long time to get burn in like that. Maybe I will harass Verizon tech support and make sure they add that to their first update, or I might just purchase an 8x instead.

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
That is great news! I returned my 8x before that last update so maybe they will. They should. Android devices use AMOLED displays and they always have the "never turn the screen off option". You would really need to leave a phone on for a long time to get burn in like that. Maybe I will harass Verizon tech support and make sure they add that to their first update, or I might just purchase an 8x instead.

The double-tap to wake up option that comes with the future software update would be another good option for when you are streaming in the car and don't want to find the power button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb