Lumia 620 extreme vibration rattle

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my mother a brand new Nokia Lumia 620, beautiful device! Only problem I noticed right away is the EXTREME vibration rattle noise when using the capacitive buttons, it sounds like scratching something. And I mean extreme, I myself got a Lumia 920 which had the vibration rattle issue before the update. But this... this is 10x worse than my Lumia 920 ever was. And I am not talking about rattle when she receives a call or sms, but rattle when using the capacitive buttons.

I included a video (please turn up your speakers):

She can live with it I guess (its her first smartphone) but maybe I want to get an exchange if this is not normal...

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's intense! They must have given you a supercharged vibration motor. :p
I think my vibration was pretty powerful too before I updated my firmware. The latest is 1308. Try Nokia Software Updater for Retail if your firmware is older.

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the firmware version already is the newest, 1308.. Should I get an exchange?

That might be your only option at this point. Currently there is no way to adjust vibration intensity. Try downloading a vibration app with different intensities. If your phone is always on very intense all the time, something is wrong with the motor. If not, it's a firmware issue. You can try submitting feedback to Nokia and tell them the issue. I doubt you will get quick results. Hopefully they add vibration adjustments in the next update. If you bought your phone from expansys USA, good luck getting an exchange. :p

Search results for "vibrator" | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss