Lumia 620 Update Problem

Red Pizza

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i started to update my nokia lumia 620 yesterday after 2 days of buying the phone. I update it last night and it is still updating(showing the gears moving on the screen) for the past 13 hours.... Isit stuck or theres like tooo many updates? I also tried switching on and off my phone. Pls help! Thanks! ^^

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i started to update my nokia lumia 620 yesterday after 2 days of buying the phone. I update it last night and it is still updating(showing the gears moving on the screen) for the past 13 hours.... Isit stuck or theres like tooo many updates? I also tried switching on and off my phone. Pls help! Thanks! ^^

Are you connected to the internet via wifi when you're trying to do the updates?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
im not sure! What if not?

If not, you will be downloading data via the cell phone data network. If you're in a poor connection area the speed of this connection can be quite slow, so updates can take aaaaagggggggeeeeeeessssss to download. If the update is a Windows Phone operating system upgrade (which it could be if you've only just got your phone), then this will be quite a large download that you really don't want to do with a slow connection. Also, downloads via the cellular data network count against your data allowance for whatever plan you're on. If you don't have a large data allowance you could incur a significant cost.

So bottom line is, connect via wifi to do any significant updates.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned the 'gears moving' screen, so you must have been doing an OS update. Definitely want to connect via wifi to do that.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Try to do hard reset and soft reset again and again.
Soft reset>Hold volume down button +lock button(hold for 10-15 second until it vibrate)
Hard reset >Hold volume down button +lock button +camera button(hold for 10-15 second until it vibrate)
You need to wait for few minutes after you do the hard reset/ soft reset

Jeffrey Jacton

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hai there!,
I am Nokia Lumia 620 new user and I have the same problem with my phone and I tried several time the soft and hard reset it's not working at all either it shows lowest battery all the time, is there any other solution on this problem? I real need some help.
Thank you very much

Ulisses Augusto

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Try hard reset, if not try flashing your phone. Hard reset not always reset your device, windows keep some informations and bugs, try and you will see. Even flashing an nokia update sometimes won?t do nothing cause os and firmware are not the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa