hello everyone, i'm using freepbx/asterisk voip server and i'd like to test it with my lumia 620, but in order to do that i need a softphone (3cx like ...) compatible with wp8 which is hard to find (if there's one) thanks .
    05-16-2013 06:03 AM
    Let me get this straight, you need a softphone that's compatible with WP8?

Try this: OctroTalk with VoIP | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    (Bing does wonders!)
    05-16-2013 06:26 AM
    You can also try Viper. Both OctoTalk and Viper can be downloaded from here. Good luck and please post your results. Thanks!
    05-16-2013 06:44 PM
    Octrotalk - unfortunately inadequate as admitted in the description. 2 second call delays, echos, only works on speakerphone bad interface.

Viper I assume you mean viber because I could not find Viper. They don't have the HD edition available for the WP8 system yet so you cannot do custom SIP configurations.

There are a few I tried that didn't work and looked dodgy and not user-friendly which led me to changing my VOIP passcode just in case they are farming data.

The best looks like MobileVOIP but unfortunately my provider is not on the list :-(

A generic open system is still hugely needed - I will contact MobileVOIP too and see if there is any request list for providers or anything.

Not a resolved subject. Also I would have thought Nokia would start to build something for their Lumias considering their old Symbian phones had it all built in and it seems like a step backwards....Perhaps a post up there is worth it too.
    05-23-2013 05:45 AM