WP8 Newbies Q&A

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have the Nokie 928 I was wondering does this phone actually shut off? I hold the power window and it really just restarts. Even when the battery killed its self as soon as I plugged in the power it booted right back up.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have the Nokie 928 I was wondering does this phone actually shut off? I hold the power window and it really just restarts. Even when the battery killed its self as soon as I plugged in the power it booted right back up.

Just hold down the power button, wait for the 'slide down' screen

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

AFAIK, the phone will always turn itself on whilw on AC power.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

As far as I've noticed, if the phone is connected via USB to a charger or to a PC when you try to switch it off, then the phone will automatically restart.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
When Windows Phone 7 came out, the search button was contextual - it would search whatever app you were in, if search was enabled for that app. It wasn't global, but it was more than it is now. It was with the Mango update in 2011 that it was changed to always go to Bing. No, you're not missing anything obvious - you're missing something that we're all missing. Local search.

I saw somewhere that they did this because of "demand." Smells a little like male cow patty to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon