928 Free Storage

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got one, and it says free storage is at 23.76 gigs. This sounds really low; I thought the OS & apps should only take about 5 gigs when you first get it? It says there is 3.18 gb of "other" storage, which I know there have been problems with. Just wondering if this is about the same amount of storage that other people are getting or if it's a bug.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Check the onboard Nokia Maps. I believe it comes with all of them already loaded (my 822 did). I'm assuming you don't need offline maps for the entire US?

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I went and looked at one at Verizon and also noticed this situation. I was hoping someone would bring this up and see what the "other" data was as this was a pretty good bit of space for a non exapandable storage unit.
Just got one, and it says free storage is at 23.76 gigs. This sounds really low; I thought the OS & apps should only take about 5 gigs when you first get it? It says there is 3.18 gb of "other" storage, which I know there have been problems with. Just wondering if this is about the same amount of storage that other people are getting or if it's a bug.

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Check the onboard Nokia Maps. I believe it comes with all of them already loaded (my 822 did). I'm assuming you don't need offline maps for the entire US?

Thanks, yeah I think it's the US map from Nokia Maps which apparently takes more than 2 gigs. Wish they had individual states maps; that would be a lot more efficient. But I have 12gb of space after transferring my music so I think I should be fine.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, yeah I think it's the US map from Nokia Maps which apparently takes more than 2 gigs. Wish they had individual states maps; that would be a lot more efficient. But I have 12gb of space after transferring my music so I think I should be fine.

They do have individual state maps. I have just Iowa's which is 80MB.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Maps -> Download Maps

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
They do have individual state maps. I have just Iowa's which is 80MB.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Maps -> Download Maps

Odd, I can't see any. I've done that, then it goes to "Downloaded Maps." I click the add button on the button and it takes me through North and Central America -> USA, that's it. It's greyed out, I'm going to uninstall the USA map and see if it goes any further. Edit: Yeah, it does. Thanks!

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I can't see any. I've done that, then it goes to "Downloaded Maps." I click the add button on the button and it takes me through North and Central America -> USA, that's it. It's greyed out, I'm going to uninstall the USA map and see if it goes any further. Edit: Yeah, it does. Thanks!

Delete the United States map and then you will be able to download each state map. Right now you're phone has them already downloaded as one big file.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went and looked at one at Verizon and also noticed this situation. I was hoping someone would bring this up and see what the "other" data was as this was a pretty good bit of space for a non exapandable storage unit.

Keep in mind that if you're referring to the demo unit, it has a different image as it is a kiosk unit. Also, the Lumia Check Storage app works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss