Nokia Lumia 620 restarting/rebooting randomly...

wawilkinson

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with their 620 restarting randomly? There doesn't seem to be any one thing that causes it...can be when opening or closing an app or just navigating the phone...

Not a major issue at the moment but it will be if it persists!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It happens sometimes for me when I take too much photos(not when video recording though). It also happens when I keep applying filters to photos in Fantasia Painter.

dikadik

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Me either. perhaps because of too many apps installed? Or is it caused by the low free memory?
Lately my Lumia 620 had this problem again when I'm playing games. My free memory storage is around 700MB.

Petrujie

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here, it happened to me minute ago, that why i directly go here and check it if im not alone.
Sent from my Lumia 620 using Board Express

Shiva Prasad1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am facing similar issue with Lumia 620. I bought the mobile just 3 months back and it is restarting every 2 or 3 hours.
Nokia do something to resolve the issue.

John Joy Ck

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My phone has the randomest reason. Its not resistant to shock. at times the phone might jerk and it just reboots. And I go like, wtf o_O And I thought I was the only one. And i agree with some of the above replies on the low storage issues as im not using a memory card at the moment and my phone's hdd seems to be full hardly a gb left now after clearing out many apps. seems swell for the moment though.

bogdan_dll

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new around here. Hope it is ok if i post in this topic. I see a lot of people complaining about the lumia 620, regarding the battery, restarts, missing feedback from the three keys etc. I was thinking of purchasing this device but after all the issue i saw here, i am having second thoughts. I wanted to make the change from android, from a Huawei G300 to be more precise. On other forums, people say that this device is good, very stable and i haven't seen the issues described here. So, I am a little confused, should i or should i not buy this device. I am afraid of the issue encountered on the other topics. I don't want to change the device, again, if i encounter problems with the lumia 620. Mostly i will use my phone for calls, sms, email, fb and nagivation (not interested about the gaming side).

krishnandusarkar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I never faced any such issues. I'd suggest, better take the phone to service center. Or try hard reset before going.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I see a lot of people complaining about the lumia 620, regarding the battery, restarts, missing feedback from the three keys etc. I was thinking of purchasing this device but after all the issue i saw here, i am having second thoughts.

If you research any handset deeply enough you'll find these sorts of issues. I used a 620 for a few months before handing to my daughter, who's been using it since. Neither her nor I have noticed any issues with random reboots of freezes. From our experience the 620 is a great value and well performing handset. So the problems listed in threads like this aren't ubiquitous across all 620s.

It's a generally accepted phenomenon that people mainly post on these sorts of forums when they have a problem, so there's always an unrepresentative amount of negative issues being raised. I suspect if you were able to survey all 620 owners you'd find only a small proportion have had problems.

I have no hesitation recommending the 620 as a great little phone for the price. There's never any guarantee with any handset that you won't run into problems or get a faulty unit, but if the 620 fits your needs, then I wouldn't let the issues threads put you off too much. The problems listed are certainly not universal.

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My phone has the randomest reason. Its not resistant to shock. at times the phone might jerk and it just reboots. And I go like, wtf o_O And I thought I was the only one. And i agree with some of the above replies on the low storage issues as im not using a memory card at the moment and my phone's hdd seems to be full hardly a gb left now after clearing out many apps. seems swell for the moment though.

I've just started having the exact same problem since a few days ago. Have had the phone since February and only other issue I once had was the screen wouldn't turn on. This recent reboot problem though is happening too frequent for my liking.

WiPuser

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

try check Out The Battery Connector, ITs sometimes Too loose..you can take a needle and push The batterypins closer toogether..or just fold a piece og paper and put it behind The Battery.. This Will solve 'the not taking shock' part :)

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that tip, solved the problem.

I decided to inspect the battery area and looks like it is a case of loose battery issue. Noticed there was an ever so slight bit of loose movement in the battery compartment. I folded a tiny bit of paper in a gap to tighten the area so the battery would not dislodge from its connecters. So far so good haven't had any random reboots since.

I was looking around the forums and noticed this issue applies to other Lumia phones too as a few other users have reported this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12