Iphone 5 sim in a 928 possisble?

Solson

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a verizon iphone 5 month to month. I was wondering if I could buy a 928 at full price from verizon and use my iphone 5 sim in the 928? I think the sims are different sizes, is there an adapter?

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I toggled between an iPhone 5 and the Lumia 920 on AT&T. Those sim adapters are a disaster waiting to happen. It ripped out the sim card reader on my 920. What I did was get a microSIM and cut out the nanoSIM shape from it, cut the nano SIM in and used tape to hold it. Works perfectly since it just lays in the SIM tray for the Nokia.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't do it. I was reading just last week about some nightmare stories of people putting their nanoSIMs into Lumia 920s with a SIM adapter and they had major problems. Better to be safe than sorry.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Because Apple can't use a standard of any type and always screws things up when you try to use another phone

But whats stored on it that it really matters if you have to get a new one for the 928? I only ask cause Im in the same position with an iP5 and I'm getting the 928 tomorrow. I never really thought much about the sim situation.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Verizon (today new). I believe the SIM is for 4G data and that is it. You still need to change your phone on the website, or over the phone. You cant just hot swap SIMs and get calls/texts on ur phone. I could be 100% wrong tho.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
LTE devices need a SIM card because LTE is a GSM based technology. So basically, Verizon's LTE phones are combination CDMA/GSM technology, which is why you can use Verizon's LTE phones on AT&T and T-Mobile.

You can actually place your Verizon SIM card into another Verizon LTE phone and it should work properly without you having to manually call and swap devices. Though I believe this varies from device to device. But I've done it numerous times with various Verizon LTE devices and the phones and calls/data work right away.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, thats another reason why I was questioning the significance of sims on VZW

I'm not the OP, but I can give you a reason. I support all our mobile devices at work so I'm always using different phones. (Using an WP 822 and a Blackberry Z10 right now.) Because they all use MicroSIMs I can just pop my SIM out of Device A and put it in Device B.

With the iPhone 5 using nanoSIMs I could no longer swap SIMs around. If I got a nanoSIM and moved my number to it, it breaks the old SIM so if I wanted to move back to another device I'd have to burn through another SIM.

But that's just my case. Most people are not going to swap so much so if you have an iPhone 5 now, just get a new SIM and down the road if you ever want to go back to the iPhone, you will have to get a new SIM. I personally wouldn't mess with adapters but to each their own.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the OP, but I can give you a reason. I support all our mobile devices at work so I'm always using different phones. (Using an WP 822 and a Blackberry Z10 right now.) Because they all use MicroSIMs I can just pop my SIM out of Device A and put it in Device B.

With the iPhone 5 using nanoSIMs I could no longer swap SIMs around. If I got a nanoSIM and moved my number to it, it breaks the old SIM so if I wanted to move back to another device I'd have to burn through another SIM.

But that's just my case. Most people are not going to swap so much so if you have an iPhone 5 now, just get a new SIM and down the road if you ever want to go back to the iPhone, you will have to get a new SIM. I personally wouldn't mess with adapters but to each their own.

Thanks a lot TK! You explained it well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs