att apn and mms apn settings

randydennis

May 16, 2013
Visit site
can anyone help with at&t apn and mms apn setting. I recently got a phone that was being used on straight talk. I need to change the settings back to at&t. eveyy setting i tried so far doesnt work. I can recieve phone calls and text but cant send picures or recieve pictures.this what i have now.

INTERNET APN

APN: wap.cingular
USER NAME: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
PASSSWORD: CINGULAR1
PROXY SERVER(URL):
PROXY PORT:

MMS APN

PASSWORD: CINGULAR1
WAP GATEWAY(URL): http://wirless.cingular.com
WAP GATEWAY PORT: 80
MMSC(URL); htpp//:cingular.com/
MMSC PORT: 80
MAXIMUM MMS SIZE:
ANYONE HAS SETTINGS THAT WORK?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI - for those interested in finding a working solution...
as of today, Feb 5th 2015 - the settings that homieson89 gave for the MMS APN worked for me...

​thanks!

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The settings they gave me recently that work for me are:

APN : phone
User name:
Password:
Authentication Type: PAP
WAP Gateway (URL): proxy.mobile.att.net
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL):http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC Port: 80
Maximum MMS size:
IP type: IPv4

ARHJR

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Homieson89's settings worked for me too - the last trick that did it was turning the phone off and on again after putting them in. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Phil Schielke

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 521 originally on T-Mobile. We switched to ATT. Settings using "att.net" did not work for me. I tried Homieson89's settings and i can now get MMS messages! I wonder if it has something to do with what phone you have or what part of the country you live in as to which settings will work???

Jikangire

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
MMS APN

PASSWORD:
WAP GATEWAY(URL):wireless.cingular.com
WAP GATEWAY PORT: 80
MMSC(URL); http//mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC PORT: 80
MAXIMUM MMS SIZE:

INTERNET APN

PASSSWORD:
PROXY SERVER(URL):
PROXY PORT:

your welcome :wink:

I'm a bit confused because my Access Point settings seem to differ from the information given. There are certain listings I do not have in my configuration settings for the access point. The following is my configuration setup screen:

Connection Name:

Under "Internet APN" I have:
Access Point Name:
Username:
Password:
Proxy Address:
Proxy Port:
Network type: IPv4 or IPv6 or IPv4v6
Authentication type: none or PAP or CHAP

Under "MMS APN" I have:
MMS Access Point Name:
Username:
Password:
Proxy address:
Proxy port:
MMSC address:
Network type: IPv4 or IPv6 or IPv4v6
Authentication type: none or PAP or CHAP

So as you can see I don't have any fields labelled "WAP GATEWAY(URL):", "WAP GATEWAY PORT:". I'm assuming "MMSC(URL):" is the same as "MMSC address" otherwise I don't have that info either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jikangire

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Here are screenshots of the Access Point configuration screen on my phone. As you can see there isn't a field listing for WAP Gateway and WAP Gateway port. Does anyone have an idea as to why I don't have the missing fields? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for these fields?

wp_ss_20151012_0001.jpg wp_ss_20151012_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20151012_0003.jpg wp_ss_20151012_0004.jpg
wp_ss_20151012_0005.jpg

Jikangire

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
After doing some more research and looking through all the settings of my phone, I found where I need to go to apply all the settings from the original post.

Instead of going to Settings > access point, go here instead:

Settings > cellular+SIM > Sim settings

You'll have to hit the slide switch to turn "Manual Internet APN" on. After doing so you'll be able to fill in the information for the Internet APN. Right below that you'll see a button labelled "edit MMS APN". Select that and enter the appropriate information, (including the "WAP gateway (URL)" and "WAP gateway port" that is not available in the Settings > access point menu.

Jikangire

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
*sigh* More failure when trying to send an MMS. "Can't send message Try again" is the error message I am receiving.

Also I'd like to point out that going to AT&T's official website for information on how to continue troubleshooting this problem I came across the following information:

ATT Settings.jpg

As you can see in the above image, the information greatly differs from what was posted originally. Sadly I've tried using both sets of configuration information and neither seems to work for me. Also on AT&T's website they have you verify that your SIM card is actually compatible for the device by checking the 9th digit of your SIM card. I have done this and my SIM card is compatible so that is not the issue. I'll continue to research to see what else I can learn.

Source: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489&cv=820

Zhyntil

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank You Jikangire!
I was unable to get data on the cellular connection and your info fixed it, I was getting data on WiFi and MMS was working great though, so not sure what is different on my 640XL LTE, but thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss