820 music/mp3 playback

redshift50

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,Help or suggestions please,when playing my music tracks occasionally there is a very slight silence pause for a fraction of a second then track continues playing,this is with mp3's and also windows media tracks,I have the music on a Sandisk 32Gig Micro SD Card Ultra Class 10,
I did not notice this happening when I had music oh the phones memory.....

Robbed Time

May 22, 2013
Visit site
No help here I'm afraid. Just to let you know that I suffer from exactly the same problem and use exactly the same Sandisk microSD. Really frustrating and appears to be completely random. Can play loads of tracks with no problem, then some other time the same tracks will have interruptions. I have a very large amount of music on my microSD - almost full. Did try reformatting and putting just a single track on it but still had the problem - so doesn't appear to be related to size of music library. Have not tried another microSD - did possibly "hope" that it was a faulty microSD as had not seen anyone else that had this issue. Glad (sort of) to find out that I am not alone in having this problem. I do want to upgrade to a 64 GB microSD (to fit even more music on it!) but reluctant to spend the money if I am still going to get this problem.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to know if anyone has come up with a fix for this. I have be so frustrated with music on my Windows 8 phone I can't begin. The whole reason I bought an 820 was the SD card and Music. I am so fed up I have no idea what to do, I truly feel like I have been duped. At first I purchased a class 32 GB class 10 card and I could not get any playlist to move to the phone. It would just hang up. I contacted Microsoft and I contacted Nokia. I have been very diligent and respectful in doing so and have actually had discussions with both companies. The first to respond was Nokia and they told me to buy another lower class flash card. I did and it still did not work. They contacted me again to see if my problem was solved and it wasn't so they actually sent me a 16gb class 6 SD card. It worked but then I had a tremendous amount of problems getting my music on my phone. Luckily I had some contacts at Microsoft and talked to some people in the Xbox Music team. They told me that really the best way to get my music to my phone was to use the Windows Phone transfer app. (I had been using Windows Media Player) Once I did that it worked okay. Now my music gets this 1 second pause randomly in spots. You can't replicate it, it just happens and it is extremely frustrating. There is no message from Nokia acknowledging problems, or suggesting when fixes will come out. They have never said when a fix will come out that will fix the class 10 bugs. To me, they have now moved on and if you have an 820, you need to deal with it until your contract comes up.

This is exactly what class action lawsuits are for.

Robbed Time

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with my 820 + 32 GB class 10 SD. Tried a smaller slower card and exactly the same. However, my problems completely disappeared after GDR2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon