Exchange Corp email

Brad Miller2

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I am getting my corp email on my phone from our Exchange 2010 server. Is there any way to have phones automatically deleted off the phone when I delete them on my desktop? Right now, I am having to do every deletion twice - once on the PC, once on the Lumia 928......

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brad

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my corp email on my phone from our Exchange 2010 server. Is there any way to have phones automatically deleted off the phone when I delete them on my desktop? Right now, I am having to do every deletion twice - once on the PC, once on the Lumia 928......

Brad

So email you delete on your PC never goes away? Or are you not giving it enough time? They will eventually disappear (maybe every 15 minutes) or the next time you get a new email. I know deletes on the local device are not pushed instantly up to Exchange so they reverse must be true.

If you're getting new email in your device inbox and the deleted emails are STILL in your inbox, then that's some type of bug.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Brad

I just tested this with my corporate Exchange 2010 servers and my 928. Whatever I do on the desktop is sync'd to my phone automatically. I don't have to do anything manually.

Brad Miller2

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing this with my exchange account AND my Gmail account. I delete them on the PC but they stay on the phone. Where would I find a setting to make them get taken off the phone automatically after they are deleted on the PC?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing this with my exchange account AND my Gmail account. I delete them on the PC but they stay on the phone. Where would I find a setting to make them get taken off the phone automatically after they are deleted on the PC?

I just tested this with two separate Gmail and one Outlook.com and one Hotmail.com adresses. They sync'd just fine without me having to do anything. When you setup the accounts on your phone, did you make sure in the settings for the account that "Download new content" is set for "as items arrive" and below that, "Content to sync" has the box for "Email" checked ON?

Brad Miller2

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes to both. Email comes in just fine, and it comes in at almost the exact same time as it hits the PC. But when I delete it from the PC, it stays on the phone until I delete it from there. Also, if I delete from the phone first, it stays on the PC until I delete it from the PC, so no matter what I am do, I am deleting everything TWICE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)