Battery Life Thread

Condairy Windham

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Well its my second day and my first day back to work. I work 12 hr shifts... well I had about 78 percent left and put my phone in my locker. Worked for about 5 hours and came to get my phone out of my locker and it was dead!! What in the world??? Did I miss something?? Help!!

gsc2000

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm in a drawer. I can't see wifi or mobile.
Let me keep on trying so aggressively for 12 hours until my battery dies.
Smartphones - really ?

Condairy Windham

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes there was service but after doing some research I saw where a lot of these apps were running in the background. So I went and blocked them and the battery is running great now.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes there was service but after doing some research I saw where a lot of these apps were running in the background. So I went and blocked them and the battery is running great now.

Which ones? There seems to be a lot of conflicting anecdotal evidence of background tasks negatively impacting battery life, but I keep hearing that the way the OS handles multitasking it shouldn't matter. I'm kinda confused about what actually happens here? (As someone considering a WP8 but not actually having owned one yet)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I've never really tried to see how long it would last during a normal work day, I've always got it on the wireless charger... I'll see what happens today.

I'm an at 99% after an hour and fifteen.

edit---

AHH, after an 1:45 down to 89%

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've never really tried to see how long it would last during a normal work day, I've always got it on the wireless charger... I'll see what happens today.

I'm an at 99% after an hour and fifteen.

edit---

AHH, after an 1:45 down to 89%

If you're going by the number on the live tile of a battery monitoring app, it only updates every 30 +/- 10 minutes. That's how often background processes run.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Nah, not the live tile.

Using battery sense, but going into the actual app.

I'm at 54% after 7 hours and 37 minutes. This is actually very good for me. I use my phone... a lot. Also I have a ****-poor signal in my office. I am usually happy if I can get a phone to drain less than 10% an hour.

edit:

ehh

Something started to eat my battery, I haven't done anything new except stream from Xbox Music.. I'm assuming thats doing it.

25% @ 9 hours and 30 minutes.

Last edited:

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone come from a RAZR maxx or similar? What's the battery in comparison to that? I know that battery in the maxx is significantly larger but android can be battery hungry at times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

wxgrl23

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been brought up in this thread. The two times I have charged my phone since I got it- it has turned on by itself within 5-10 min. Is this normal or a bug? I generally like to leave my phone off while it's charging (Weird habit I know) but wondering if this is normal?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been brought up in this thread. The two times I have charged my phone since I got it- it has turned on by itself within 5-10 min. Is this normal or a bug? I generally like to leave my phone off while it's charging (Weird habit I know) but wondering if this is normal?

Yeah, it's standard for Windows Phones to be on while charging. If it's off when you plug it in or set it on a charger it'll turn back on as soon as it starts being charged.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
First "app getting stuck and killing battery" experience this morning. Dropped about 50% in under 4 hours. Have a suspicion it was Amazing Weather HD, but not positive. Hmmmm....

maylea31

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone come from a RAZR maxx or similar? What's the battery in comparison to that? I know that battery in the maxx is significantly larger but android can be battery hungry at times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Stated this in another thread, but here is my input. I returned the RAZR MAXX HD and waited for the Nokia 928 to come out. Just for comparison:

10 hour hike in low reception zone and using GPS tracking program Runtastic and listening to music beforehand in car using RAZR and it was dead in 6 hours
10 hour hike in low reception zone and using GPS tracking program Runtastic and listening to music beforehand in car using NOKIA and it had 50% LEFT.

Your mileage may vary :). Somehow I got a great battery in my unit. I do turn off a lot of the background processes. But I'd do that in Android too to no avail. This is the only phone for my lifestyle now. No more Samsung or HTC for me.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I am running Amazing Weather HD and have not had this behavior

Yeah, after that I went through and double checked background tasks, running apps...did a little cleanup and no problems this afternoon. Just making sure I back out of the app in case it gets a GPS bug up its rear.

In general the battery life has been very good so far.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Stated this in another thread, but here is my input. I returned the RAZR MAXX HD and waited for the Nokia 928 to come out. Just for comparison:

10 hour hike in low reception zone and using GPS tracking program Runtastic and listening to music beforehand in car using RAZR and it was dead in 6 hours
10 hour hike in low reception zone and using GPS tracking program Runtastic and listening to music beforehand in car using NOKIA and it had 50% LEFT.

Your mileage may vary :). Somehow I got a great battery in my unit. I do turn off a lot of the background processes. But I'd do that in Android too to no avail. This is the only phone for my lifestyle now. No more Samsung or HTC for me.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you had awful battery life on the RAZR. My experience has been pretty good considering the gigantic battery. Sounds like the 928 can take a pretty good beating and keep on ticking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers