Battery Life Thread

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I'm shocked that there isn't any talk about battery life from this lovely phone! I am so far very pleased regarding the battery life. Today is the first full day of owning the phone and it has been off the charger a little over 7 hours and I'm still at 84%. Granted I have been working and haven't used the phone a whole lot other than text messaging, but that battery life works for me!

How about everyone else? Satisfied? Throw some numbers at me!

rdavenp3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had it for two days and when sitting idle, not bad at all. But it seems to chew through battery quickly (14-15% hour) using non gaming apps. I've already tuned it for battery life and I'll give it a few charging cycles before I place my verdict.
Sent from my Nokia 928 using Board Express

rdavenp3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm mostly on WiFi but I loaded a lot of apps I had on my 8X. I'm guessing one of them is killing my battery. Time to play the delete, charge, and wait game.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had it for two days and when sitting idle, not bad at all. But it seems to chew through battery quickly (14-15% hour) using non gaming apps. I've already tuned it for battery life and I'll give it a few charging cycles before I place my verdict.

I've had the same experience as rdavenp3. Standby time is fantastic, it barely sips battery. Browsing the web and doing internet/data intensive activities drains the battery in a hurry. Overall, for my usage, it will serve me very well and I expect to get through maybe 30 hours between charges. Also, it may improve even more after a few cycles, so we'll see about that.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same experience as rdavenp3. Standby time is fantastic, it barely sips battery. Browsing the web and doing internet/data intensive activities drains the battery in a hurry. Overall, for my usage, it will serve me very well and I expect to get through maybe 30 hours between charges. Also, it may improve even more after a few cycles, so we'll see about that.
30 hours! ha! Happy for you. 920 barely gets over 9 hours if you really use it.

wtf808

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little worried.. I just got a new 928 a day ago.. first thing out of the box, I ran it til the battery was goners. Then I charged it to 100% for its very 1st charge.. took about 2hrs give or take, don't recall exactly.. Unplugged it, then I spent some time loading apps over WiFi. I put on about 8 apps and got lazy so I stopped. The battery claimed 92% full at that time so I went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and the phone was off. I thought, hmm.. crash maybe, lol? No way is the battery completely sapped?! Yep, sure enough the battery was zero. I couldn't even turn on the phone. I had slept at about 1130p (batt @92%), woke up around 630a.. battery 0%. Who knows what time last night it actually went dead.

So see how I'm worried.. granted, I don't know what happened, but it worries me that the batt went kaput in about ~7 hours of standby..

I'm hoping a few more charge cycles opens up the battery, and that last night was a fluke, but we shall see..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
LTE murders it. On WiFi it's stellar.

are there any settings to turn off LTE?
(reason i ask, the HTC One does not have any settings to turn LTE off, so if it sees LTE signal, it will continually try to connect to it, even if its a low strength signal)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is fine with me, but wireless charging takes much longer than my 8x did. I thought that was odd.

I do agree standby time is amazing, usage is okay. Good enough to get me by!

moh maya

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
are there any settings to turn off LTE?
(reason i ask, the HTC One does not have any settings to turn LTE off, so if it sees LTE signal, it will continually try to connect to it, even if its a low strength signal)

I installed an app from the windows store called Network Dashboard. It lets me add live-tiles to switch the wifi and/or the LTE on and off on the home screen. I've found it very useful in just the one day I have been using it.

Network Dashboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

cheers

Berkley Todd

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues too, even when using WiFi. I have blocked Nokia Drive, which apparently uses a lot of battery, but I'm still not getting the performance I should. Infact, it's somewhat similar to what I used to get on my Trophy...dismaying. I used it moderately yesterday starting at 7am and it was dead by 4...9 hours isn't AWFUL, but it's hardly ideal, and definitely not what I know this phone is capable of. Suggestions?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and got some really good battery life. Went to Disneyland for 3-4 hours and my phone was at 87% when I left. Considering I used it to take a few pics and to entertain myself while in lines, I think it's a great first sign.

Berkley Todd

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and got some really good battery life. Went to Disneyland for 3-4 hours and my phone was at 87% when I left. Considering I used it to take a few pics and to entertain myself while in lines, I think it's a great first sign.

I wish I could say I was getting anything CLOSE to this. 3-4 hours of moderate use and it's down to like 70%. I'm seeing reports that the 920 had these issues but would improve over time. Hoping that's the case for mine. Else I'm going to have to take it back and hope for luck with a new one...

Brandon Riesenbeck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little worried.. I just got a new 928 a day ago.. first thing out of the box, I ran it til the battery was goners. Then I charged it to 100% for its very 1st charge.. took about 2hrs give or take, don't recall exactly.. Unplugged it, then I spent some time loading apps over WiFi. I put on about 8 apps and got lazy so I stopped. The battery claimed 92% full at that time so I went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and the phone was off. I thought, hmm.. crash maybe, lol? No way is the battery completely sapped?! Yep, sure enough the battery was zero. I couldn't even turn on the phone. I had slept at about 1130p (batt @92%), woke up around 630a.. battery 0%. Who knows what time last night it actually went dead.

So see how I'm worried.. granted, I don't know what happened, but it worries me that the batt went kaput in about ~7 hours of standby..

I'm hoping a few more charge cycles opens up the battery, and that last night was a fluke, but we shall see..

That's definitely not normal. I left mine off the charger while I slept the other day and seven hours later, it had only dropped around 15%. If it doesn't improve you may want to consider replacing it.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Played with mine the first day downloading apps and messing with the phone the whole day. It went from about 60% out of the box at 9am to 30% at 11pm. Very good battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte