How is the call quality on the 928?

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For those who already have it, how is the call quality of the 928? I'm really on the fence with the 928. I have an S4 on order, but I'm not terribly thrilled with its build quality and the small amount of free memory compared to the 928. I'll be using my phone to make a lot of phone calls (business phone), so this is an important aspect.

Also, has anyone used Bluetooth to connect to their vehicle audio system? Curious as to how that sounds.

merplerps

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been super impressed, but I've also only used it for a few phone calls. It seemed better when using my Bluetooth headset, but I had trouble hearing the other end a couple of times last night. It's really tough to tell if it was due to the cell connection on the other end, though... I don't remember having this issue with the iPhone 4, but it's too early to tell for sure, and I haven't spoken to anyone on a land line yet.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The call quality is excellent for me and Bluetooth is also good. When using the speakerphone its loud and very clear.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Call quality is awesome. I live in a house with a metal roof. When I had my iphone the caller on the other line could not hear me and the call would usually drop. Now with this phone I can walk anywhere in the house and the calls never drop.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping mine is solid when it arrives this week. I was surprised to read a few less than stellar reviews of the call quality being that this is a Nokia.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would say that call quality was the thing I have been most surprised about with the 928. I wasn't expecting such a huge difference over the 8X, but it certainly is. Very impressive! I can't wait to try out my BT headset next week with it.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's much better than my Trophy was and sounds very good to me. I can't really compare it to anything else. I had an 8X, but that was months ago, so I can't compare.

rza49311

May 23, 2013
Visit site
So the 928 hangs on to phone calls pretty well in fringe service areas?

I've always been pro Motorola because of their radios. I live in a fringe area and drop calls all the time. There are just some spots where I live that there's no reception period. I got the 928 through work and its used for tech support calls. I still have my droid RAZR also. I have tested them side by side for the past several days. I would say that the 928 radio and call quality is on par with the Motorola if not a tad better. I have dropped calls with it in the exact same spot that my RAZR drops them but in testing the data side, the 928 speeds are slightly better. I have also noticed that most times, the 928 is quicker to get on the 4G network than my RAZR. Lastly, the signal bars(yes I know they truly don't mean much) but they vary wildly on the 928 vs the RAZR.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720