08-14-2013 05:17 AM
45 12
tools
    It appears the Nokia 920/928 (just returned 928) are not great point and shoot cameras. They are ok as ...adjust 15 settings....download HD Viewer...download Pro Shot...hold camera very steady (ignoring the OIS) ...run image through Creative Studios clarity ..shooters
    05-20-2013 07:41 AM
    It appears the Nokia 920/928 (just returned 928) are not great point and shoot cameras. They are ok as ...adjust 15 settings....download HD Viewer...download Pro Shot...hold camera very steady (ignoring the OIS) ...run image through Creative Studios clarity ..shooters
    Ok
    05-20-2013 07:58 AM
    No mate, that's not the problem. I'm sure all three of us who have posted about this problem know how to use a camera phone.
    Yes, but don't assume. I had the same problem briefly until I remembered that I HAD switched to close up mode and forgot to switch back. It happens.
    05-20-2013 09:41 AM
    That.
    -The 1st one is serious problem with focusing, I don't know which mode were you using to shoot this, but the focus of that pic is used for macroing
    -The 2nd one is better focus for landscape, but you still focus on the fence, not the tree. The rest is out? Welcome to large aperture world.

Or just simply know a simple fact that the photo viewer of WP8 is trash and that's why we use HD photo viewer :) Don't say it as if HD photo viewer somehow "improve" quality of picture, cause it doesn't (and it's free, so why not?)
    Holding camera steady while taking photo is commonly expected from a camera. Do you want to wave you hand like a crazy fan and expect the camera to take perfect or good pictures? For daylight saying that "must hold steady to get good picture" is simply a lie unless you have a shaky hand shakes like hell.
    proShot is good for you if you want to get the best from the phone, not to get a common one. So don't buy it if you don't want to mess with ISO, WB, shutter speed, manual focus.
    So, this one is full auto without any of your "creative studio, clarity, blah blah blah..."

Last but not least, your camera is a trash doesn't imply that whole 92x series is trash. Cause I'm seeing a lot of good "trash" here and there all over this or that forums. See? Simple truth :) We only come here to know that if we can solve someone's problem with what we knew.
    05-20-2013 10:09 AM
    Never said trash...just takes a lot more work with the Nokia's....a lot more attempts...a lot more settings....not the best camera if you need the quick good shot (day light / normal light). This is a common theme through in all internet reviews and even Nokia's own forums.
    05-20-2013 10:54 AM
    I can confirm this entire thread of issues. I have a blue AT&T 920 that I received in January after months of backorder. I am a semi-pro photographer and have sold SLRs for years and I am very disappointed in my 920's camera. I love the phone to death and have no other complaints (except maybe battery life) with it but I just feel like something isn't quite right. I guess we all need to contact Nokia about getting replacements because after seeing these other reports I can only conclude that we all have defective mechanics. I have gotten about 5 astounding pictures from my 920 that can even put my DSLR to shame but the other 95% are just sad. As much as I hate to lose my phone and all my game data, music, etc. I will have to bite the bullet and send it in. Good luck to everyone else with this problem.
    05-20-2013 11:14 AM
    Okay, so I took a couple of pictures yesterday and you can see for yourself that something is obviously wrong with the camera on my 920. The first one is particularly disturbing but the second one isn't as bad because I was resting the phone on the door sill of my car but there are still areas of the photo that are out of focus.

Attachment 34350

Attachment 34351

From the 1st and 2nd pic comparisons, it seems like you you press the shutter to take the picture (after holding it halfway to focus) , you're not holding it steady enough. The phone shakes, hence the blurry out of focus.

At least, that's what it looks like to me
    05-20-2013 11:26 AM
    I think Nokia should just make PIS (Person Image Stabilization) just to make things better for those having blurry images.... lol jk!
    When I first got my Lumia 920, I took my first shot and it looks reallly good. As always with any other thread like this, here it is:

Muessig likes this.
    05-20-2013 11:27 AM
    I think Nokia should just make PIS (Person Image Stabilization) just to make things better for those having blurry images.... lol jk!
    When I first got my Lumia 920, I took my first shot and it looks reallly good. As always with any other thread like this, here it is:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8481/8...ce5b02cd_c.jpg
    It does great in Marco mode or close ups....most phones do now. It struggles in day light scenery type photos.
    05-20-2013 12:17 PM
    If you want to see how your photos really look...
    Why Photos look "Soft" in Windows Phone's Camera Roll : windowsphone
    05-20-2013 12:18 PM
    From the 1st and 2nd pic comparisons, it seems like you you press the shutter to take the picture (after holding it halfway to focus) , you're not holding it steady enough. The phone shakes, hence the blurry out of focus.

At least, that's what it looks like to me
    That is exactly what it looks like but I used the screen to take the shot. I do hold my phones steady and have never had this sort of result with the N8 I used for two years and the two Android phones I've used as well as a couple of other older Nokia phones. The basic issue here is that the OP and myself have obviously got faulty cameras and we need to send them in for repair.
    05-20-2013 01:21 PM
    be gone troll
    05-20-2013 05:04 PM
    be gone troll
    No trolling here...cell phone lover...had the 928 for 3 days took hundreds of pictures...camera in daylight was ok at best for a premium smart phone. Low light and videos it is unmatched.....in daylight it is over matched by almost all of the current high end phones...sorry if truth hurts...it is seen in these forums and in most reviews...I wanted to keep the 928....loved the operating system and was looking for a change...I will be back when the EOS comes out...Unfortunately for Verizon customers that may be 2015...but when (if) it happens I will be there!!
    05-20-2013 05:36 PM
    Hi,

Check out the link below. It talks about your issue. The problem is likely not your camera but the default photo viewer, Picture Hub - which seems to compress the image for better speed when panning, zooming, etc.. I had the same problems. Try the program mentioned in the article and view your photos again - see if it doesn't make a difference. I think you'll be amazed!!

Patrick
    05-20-2013 05:59 PM
    Hi,

Check out the link below. It talks about your issue. The problem is likely not your camera but the default photo viewer, Picture Hub - which seems to compress the image for better speed when panning, zooming, etc.. I had the same problems. Try the program mentioned in the article and view your photos again - see if it doesn't make a difference. I think you'll be amazed!!

-Patrick

http://www.windowscentral.com/hd-pho...phone-8-photos
    05-20-2013 06:02 PM
    This article discusses about why good photos appear not so good on WP gallery.
    Don't be fooled by on-screen 'Camera Roll' previews in Windows Phone
    05-21-2013 01:40 AM
    I noticed the same issue on my 920 after a week of buying it. Searched online but couldn't get a solution. I ended up to exchange one and the new one has been pretty good.

I'd suggest you just go back store and compare with another 920, prepare to exchange.
    05-21-2013 01:55 AM
    Using whatever gallery doesn't change it. I was aware that SkyDrive does not backup in true HQ so I backed up my pics manually. The results are the same regardless what viewer I use (picassa on desktop for example).

Xbox had their announcement and I'm disappointed they left out windows mobile integration. I guess ima wait for e3. Its a bit off topic but I am hoping that the games we buy on windows mobile can be played on the Xbox one as well. If that happens, I'm sure I can wait for Nokia next at&t flagship.

Nokia is great. I had them since about 1999. Quality products. MSFT win mobile is a great as well. Has anyone noticed if the 925 & 928 have the same blurry pic issues as the 920?
    05-21-2013 03:17 PM
    Just to pile on. You know the bank app where you can snap a photo of a check to deposit it into your account? Every time I try to do this with my 920, the bank says the photo is too blurry and cannot be accepted. I did it all the time with my android phone. I've tried many times and every time the bank will not accept my deposit.
    08-14-2013 05:11 AM
    After AMBER update you will LOVE your Lumia 920 camera, especially when taking photos with Nokia Pro Cam!
    08-14-2013 05:17 AM
45 12