Lumia picture blurry after picture is taken (at&t)

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been quite disappointed in my Lumia 920 camera wise that I've had since launch. The portico hasn't fixed the issue too much either so I am not here to complain but to figure out what's possibly wrong and how to fix it.

When I take almost any photo, when I press halfway on the shutter button to let it focus, the focused image looks amazing. Once I press the shutter all the way to take the shot, the sharp focused image turns into a snapshot with a distinct blur. I even tried putting it on a stand and ended up with the same results.

Is this normal for a focused image when depressing the shutter button halfway is noticeably better than the actual image captured? I have everything set to default and tried many different scenarios both indoors and outdoors. Every picture has a tone of blurriness in them. I transfer my photos to my computer directly from my phone by USB cable.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my 920. It's not so bad when taking close up shots but general shots are awful. If the next software update doesn't fix it then I'm going to have to send it in for repair.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've already tried but I'll ask anyway, have u tried just using the screen and not the button?? I was told (by a photographer) that ur pics come out better that way anyway n Nokia shouldn't really bother with the button coz ? pressing n pressing makes u move slightly, meaning worse pic. Like I said u probly already know this but it might be helpful😉

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have any of you seen any of the pictures you've taken on a PC monitor? Are they still soft? As far as I know the picture you see in the phone (especially the picture that slides) isn't a real representation of the image that was just taken, it's a low-res 'copy' that's shown to hint that you can view your images in the gallery when you swipe right. I also don't think the picture viewer in the WP8 app zooms in properly. I can almost guarantee you that if you look at your image on a PC monitor and compare it to the image the gallery shows you, the one you see on the PC will be sharper. There are a couple of HD Viewer apps you can install on your phone, too.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've already tried but I'll ask anyway, have u tried just using the screen and not the button?? I was told (by a photographer) that ur pics come out better that way anyway n Nokia shouldn't really bother with the button coz ? pressing n pressing makes u move slightly, meaning worse pic. Like I said u probly already know this but it might be helpful😉

It's a fair comment but sadly doesn't make much of a difference. Besides,the phone is supposed to have OIS to eliminate camera shake

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have any of you seen any of the pictures you've taken on a PC monitor? Are they still soft? As far as I know the picture you see in the phone (especially the picture that slides) isn't a real representation of the image that was just taken, it's a low-res 'copy' that's shown to hint that you can view your images in the gallery when you swipe right. I also don't think the picture viewer in the WP8 app zooms in properly. I can almost guarantee you that if you look at your image on a PC monitor and compare it to the image the gallery shows you, the one you see on the PC will be sharper. There are a couple of HD Viewer apps you can install on your phone, too.

The pictures look worse on a monitor in their full size

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you've already tried but I'll ask anyway, have u tried just using the screen and not the button?? I was told (by a photographer) that ur pics come out better that way anyway n Nokia shouldn't really bother with the button coz ? pressing n pressing makes u move slightly, meaning worse pic. Like I said u probly already know this but it might be helpful

the OIS should compensate for button movement plus tried both ways and no noticable difference! could be software but probably hardware, as if it was software every 920 owner would be complaining about it not a limited number.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys post your images? Cause what I've seen is totally opposite with yours
Maybe this will help you.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/226625-so-you-want-take-better-pictures-%5Bguide%5D.html

OFF-TOPIC
I've always said it's not just smartphone camera, bought a Lumia 920 WP 8 by the technical specifications, storage capacity, the resources that the fluidity of the system can provide, not only for the great camera that he owns and that many lay users do not even know to use.

The update (firmware version) Amber (Nokia) will only bring improvements to the camera functions, and users of WP 8 need other features still missing, even the basic appliances (including Nokia) have natively.
I hope the update (OS version) GDR2 (Microsoft) to bring the current handsets with Windows Phone 8 features that the system needs to get it really make a difference in the market, otherwise not know huh. ..
Microsoft (which is responsible for the operating system) should rule OFFICIALLY on the next mobile operating system update (GDR2, PR2.0, Blue, WP 8.1, or whatever the name) will provide users of Windows Phone 8 because they are tired of so many rumors.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this will help you.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/226625-so-you-want-take-better-pictures-%5Bguide%5D.html

OFF-TOPIC
I've always said it's not just smartphone camera, bought a Lumia 920 WP 8 by the technical specifications, storage capacity, the resources that the fluidity of the system can provide, not only for the great camera that he owns and that many lay users do not even know to use.

The update (firmware version) Amber (Nokia) will only bring improvements to the camera functions, and users of WP 8 need other features still missing, even the basic appliances (including Nokia) have natively.
I hope the update (OS version) GDR2 (Microsoft) to bring the current handsets with Windows Phone 8 features that the system needs to get it really make a difference in the market, otherwise not know huh. ..
Microsoft (which is responsible for the operating system) should rule OFFICIALLY on the next mobile operating system update (GDR2, PR2.0, Blue, WP 8.1, or whatever the name) will provide users of Windows Phone 8 because they are tired of so many rumors.

I meant that I've experienced the use of HD photo viewer/viewing on PC screen and the quality of 920's camera, both're great. But seem like many guys don't see it like this...

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I meant that I've experienced the use of HD photo viewer/viewing on PC screen and the quality of 920's camera, both're great. But seem like many guys don't see it like this...
I know.
Do not believe everything that some guys say, many of them are HATERS and do so only with the intention of disturbing.
:wink:

dht1986

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my new phone a few months back. I tried a bunch of stuff, including apps that allowed me to manually focus. While this did work, I decided that I paid for a phone that should work as advertised. I exchanged it with my cell phone carrier, and the new one works great, right out of the box. I am convinced this is a mechanical flaw with the phone. Just get a replacement -- its a pain, but you'll be much happier.

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replys so far. Everything is set to auto/default.

My videos are mind blowing excellent. The videos are crisp and the ois is amazing. Its just the still pictures are honestly pretty bad. When I look them up on a monitor, its even worse. I compared pics I took with a 3.2 pixel Fuji camera from 7-10 years ago and they blow 920 still pics out of the water.

Pics mean alot to me and was the sole purpose I bought the 920. I have a little one and sometimes I cringe after taking a pic because of the quality.

I am going to wait for msft Xbox annoucment to see how they will integrate the mobile with the console and if they do, I will stay with Nokia and wp8. If not, I will likely bail to that new HTC one android.

I been with Nokia since 1998 so I hope they fix this.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Its th lack of sharpness of the phone. We have been through this since November . The Lumia 920 takes soft photos. In live view they are sharp but when its being processed it softens . You basically have to deal with it. The camera was designed for night shots, while day light shots lack detail compared to the gs3/iphone etc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb