Lumia picture blurry after picture is taken (at&t)

Dany Poosa

May 7, 2013
Visit site
hi to all, i received my 920 a few days ago and today i realized about this issue when i transfered the pictures to the computer. so what do you think? it's a hardware problem? or software? if to take pictures focused you have to do it manually, i assume that this a software problem.... i am correct?

thanx

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has discussed this a billion times , the camera takes images that lack sharpness and the wp8 gallery viewer doesn't show images correctly . I believe its hardware other wise the 925 wouldn't have that extra 6th lens but I guess it could just be the algorithms because Nokia did improve the sharpness of images slightly . Either way they are not as good as the competition. They suffice.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I took a couple of pictures yesterday and you can see for yourself that something is obviously wrong with the camera on my 920. The first one is particularly disturbing but the second one isn't as bad because I was resting the phone on the door sill of my car but there are still areas of the photo that are out of focus.

WP_20130519_006.jpg

WP_20130519_017.jpg

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It appears the Nokia 920/928 (just returned 928) are not great point and shoot cameras. They are ok as ...adjust 15 settings....download HD Viewer...download Pro Shot...hold camera very steady (ignoring the OIS) ...run image through Creative Studios clarity ..shooters

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It appears the Nokia 920/928 (just returned 928) are not great point and shoot cameras. They are ok as ...adjust 15 settings....download HD Viewer...download Pro Shot...hold camera very steady (ignoring the OIS) ...run image through Creative Studios clarity ..shooters

Ok

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
That.
-The 1st one is serious problem with focusing, I don't know which mode were you using to shoot this, but the focus of that pic is used for macroing
-The 2nd one is better focus for landscape, but you still focus on the fence, not the tree. The rest is out? Welcome to large aperture world.

Or just simply know a simple fact that the photo viewer of WP8 is trash and that's why we use HD photo viewer :) Don't say it as if HD photo viewer somehow "improve" quality of picture, cause it doesn't (and it's free, so why not?)
Holding camera steady while taking photo is commonly expected from a camera. Do you want to wave you hand like a crazy fan and expect the camera to take perfect or good pictures? For daylight saying that "must hold steady to get good picture" is simply a lie unless you have a shaky hand shakes like hell.
proShot is good for you if you want to get the best from the phone, not to get a common one. So don't buy it if you don't want to mess with ISO, WB, shutter speed, manual focus.
So, this one is full auto without any of your "creative studio, clarity, blah blah blah..."

WP_20130320_022.jpg

Last but not least, your camera is a trash doesn't imply that whole 92x series is trash. Cause I'm seeing a lot of good "trash" here and there all over this or that forums. See? Simple truth :) We only come here to know that if we can solve someone's problem with what we knew.

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Never said trash...just takes a lot more work with the Nokia's....a lot more attempts...a lot more settings....not the best camera if you need the quick good shot (day light / normal light). This is a common theme through in all internet reviews and even Nokia's own forums.

Superscythe

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this entire thread of issues. I have a blue AT&T 920 that I received in January after months of backorder. I am a semi-pro photographer and have sold SLRs for years and I am very disappointed in my 920's camera. I love the phone to death and have no other complaints (except maybe battery life) with it but I just feel like something isn't quite right. I guess we all need to contact Nokia about getting replacements because after seeing these other reports I can only conclude that we all have defective mechanics. I have gotten about 5 astounding pictures from my 920 that can even put my DSLR to shame but the other 95% are just sad. As much as I hate to lose my phone and all my game data, music, etc. I will have to bite the bullet and send it in. Good luck to everyone else with this problem.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I took a couple of pictures yesterday and you can see for yourself that something is obviously wrong with the camera on my 920. The first one is particularly disturbing but the second one isn't as bad because I was resting the phone on the door sill of my car but there are still areas of the photo that are out of focus.

View attachment 34350

View attachment 34351

From the 1st and 2nd pic comparisons, it seems like you you press the shutter to take the picture (after holding it halfway to focus) , you're not holding it steady enough. The phone shakes, hence the blurry out of focus.

At least, that's what it looks like to me

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I think Nokia should just make PIS (Person Image Stabilization) just to make things better for those having blurry images.... lol jk!
When I first got my Lumia 920, I took my first shot and it looks reallly good. As always with any other thread like this, here it is:

8252176449_1dce5b02cd_c.jpg

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I think Nokia should just make PIS (Person Image Stabilization) just to make things better for those having blurry images.... lol jk!
When I first got my Lumia 920, I took my first shot and it looks reallly good. As always with any other thread like this, here it is:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8481/8252176449_1dce5b02cd_c.jpg

It does great in Marco mode or close ups....most phones do now. It struggles in day light scenery type photos.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
From the 1st and 2nd pic comparisons, it seems like you you press the shutter to take the picture (after holding it halfway to focus) , you're not holding it steady enough. The phone shakes, hence the blurry out of focus.

At least, that's what it looks like to me

That is exactly what it looks like but I used the screen to take the shot. I do hold my phones steady and have never had this sort of result with the N8 I used for two years and the two Android phones I've used as well as a couple of other older Nokia phones. The basic issue here is that the OP and myself have obviously got faulty cameras and we need to send them in for repair.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

be gone troll

Bobbman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
be gone troll

No trolling here...cell phone lover...had the 928 for 3 days took hundreds of pictures...camera in daylight was ok at best for a premium smart phone. Low light and videos it is unmatched.....in daylight it is over matched by almost all of the current high end phones...sorry if truth hurts...it is seen in these forums and in most reviews...I wanted to keep the 928....loved the operating system and was looking for a change...I will be back when the EOS comes out...Unfortunately for Verizon customers that may be 2015...but when (if) it happens I will be there!!

phatfield

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Check out the link below. It talks about your issue. The problem is likely not your camera but the default photo viewer, Picture Hub - which seems to compress the image for better speed when panning, zooming, etc.. I had the same problems. Try the program mentioned in the article and view your photos again - see if it doesn't make a difference. I think you'll be amazed!!

Patrick

phatfield

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Check out the link below. It talks about your issue. The problem is likely not your camera but the default photo viewer, Picture Hub - which seems to compress the image for better speed when panning, zooming, etc.. I had the same problems. Try the program mentioned in the article and view your photos again - see if it doesn't make a difference. I think you'll be amazed!!

-Patrick

http://www.windowscentral.com/hd-photo-viewer-sharper-view-your-windows-phone-8-photos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb