Can't send images through MMS? This might help.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There are probably a myriad of reasons why networks behave the way they do but here is a tip I stumbled onto that might help if you are having trouble sending pictures via MMS on your Nokia Lumia 920.

Go into your settings and tap "access point". Its on the bottom of the list.

Then, once inside there are settings for

AT&T - LTE 1
,- Lumia
AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia
and AT&T 3G.

Make sure you are attached to the correct band otherwise you will have trouble with your LTE network. Mine was set to LTE 1 and I could not send pictures via MMS. I kept getting this "unable to send" error. Once I changed it to LTE 2, I had no trouble sending pic via MMS. The AT&T support center wanted to hard reset my phone "hoping" that would resolve the problem. It probably would not and I then have to redo my screen again. (A non starter) Changing this setting also improved my overall network experience as a bonus.

Attachments

• LTE1.PNG
    LTE1.PNG
    77.8 KB · Views: 23
  • LTE2.PNG
    LTE2.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 26

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There are probably a myriad of reasons why networks behave the way they do but here is a tip I stumbled onto that might help if you are having trouble sending pictures via MMS on your Nokia Lumia 920.

Go into your settings and tap "access point". Its on the bottom of the list.

Then, once inside there are settings for

AT&T - LTE 1
,- Lumia
AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia
and AT&T 3G.

Make sure you are attached to the correct band otherwise you will have trouble with your LTE network. Mine was set to LTE 1 and I could not send pictures via MMS. I kept getting this "unable to send" error. Once I changed it to LTE 2, I had no trouble sending pic via MMS. The AT&T support center wanted to hard reset my phone "hoping" that would resolve the problem. It probably would not and I then have to redo my screen again. (A non starter) Changing this setting also improved my overall network experience as a bonus.

I'm with AT&T. I'm running 1314. I don't have Access Point?

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I just received a refurbished Nokia Lumia 920, had issues with 2 others, and my new one has these options, I couldn't stream music at all. How can I tell if this is a build model? Or did someone carrier unlock it?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
@Jazmac, wow thank you very much. I've had mixed results switching profiles... it seems one profile works for a while and then I have to switch it from time to time.

Interesting that my girlfriend and I both have 920's... both on the same account... and tonight, sitting next to each other she sent me a pic, and I couldn't get it.

Both profiles have the same http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/ address, but when I browsed to it with LTE1, I got an 403 error-- access denied while she got a 400 error. When I switched to LTE2, I also got 400 error, and the messages came through successfully.

I wonder if this is a service provisioning error. But curiously, it was working great until this past weekend, and the only thing new for me is that I ordered a Lumia 1020 last week.

unknowndanny

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
This had previously helped when I couldn't send pictures or connect to the internet, but after yesterdays update (02/03/2014) to Lumia Black, the LTE options are not even available anymore... any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans