Newegg orders

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Still no tracking number for my black one but do have this: Great News! Your order is ready to ship.
We will send you an email with tracking information and update this site once it ships.
Thank you for shopping with us!

Newegg_Support

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you very much for the feedback provided in this forum. Your satisfaction with your Newegg experience is very important to us. If you have any problem with your cell phone order, you may contact Newegg Wireless at 877-337-0167 directly.

If your issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact our Customer Service department at wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve the problem promptly.

Thank you again,

Newegg.com

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My brother's shipped out on Friday and arrived yesterday. The black looks and feels really good. I'm happy with my white though.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
As for the additional ETF, if you read it, it says SERVICES -- they don't care what device you put on the line, as long as you are paying them for the line. Not 100% sure though if that would include data, etc. But switching smartphones should be fine.

edit: granted, I won't be paying your ETF if that is not the case :p

questionfear

Nov 4, 2006
Visit site
Received my white 928 today. I have a question for those of you who may have ordered a phone through Newegg before.

I understand the whole do not cancel, modify, fail to pay or activating the phone on a different line as Newegg will charge you an additional $400. But, I have multiple phones that I like and WANT to switch between. Has anyone had issues with Newegg charging this fee if you simply just swap the SIM card to a different phone and NOT activate the Newegg phone on a different line (it will just be "dormant" until I swap my SIM card back into it)?

I talked to their live chat support, and the guy I talked to advised me not to switch between phones for the 181 day period. The contract says "By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee."

Does deactivating include just swapping the SIM into a different device? I want to play it safe and see if anyone has experience with Newegg in this regard. I bought my HTC 8X at a discount from BestBuy last year and swapped between that and my BlackBerry multiple times within 6 months of owning it. Not sure if the deals between these retailers and the carriers are the same, but I figure they would be.

I would assume Verizon works like AT&T and T-Mo do. Your activation follows your SIM, not your phone...so as long as the line is active you're fine. I'm not sure NewEgg can even tell what phone the SIM is using-Verizon can, but as long as your account is in good standing with everyone it should be fine.

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at getting the 928 for my mom tomorrow and the Newegg price is a great deal. She is still on the older plan with minutes, 1000 text, and 4GB of data (non shared plan). If I choose the options that say not to change the plan, will it really keep everything the way she has it? Or will stupid Verizon put her on one of the new unlimited shared plans?

BikeMrown

May 24, 2013
Visit site
We had unlimited plans and had to change: When you go to checkout, it will say there is a problem and CS will chat with you. The CS agent will make you pick one of the plans like in the VZW store. Maybe they let yours slide because it isn't unlimited.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would assume Verizon works like AT&T and T-Mo do. Your activation follows your SIM, not your phone...so as long as the line is active you're fine. I'm not sure NewEgg can even tell what phone the SIM is using-Verizon can, but as long as your account is in good standing with everyone it should be fine.

I was thinking the same thing.

I have now swapped my SIM back and forth between my 928 and Z10 multiple times and so far I haven't received an email or letter saying I have voided my contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro