Newegg orders

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I ordered on the 17th (black). Also waiting for the inventory to be fulfilled.

Couple of questions about orders through Newegg. Who actually ships the phone; Newegg or Verizon.

Will we still have to pay the activation fee if bought through Newegg? Even if we use our 822 SIM card?

HornedOwl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine (wifes) on the 16th. Here is my chat with Manoj from Newegg wireless-

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you....
Thanks to customers like you, we have received an overwhelming response to our great offers. Unfortunately, customers contacting us are experiencing unusually long hold times. Please be patient and we will connect you to an agent as soon as possible.
Thanks to customers like you, we have received an overwhelming response to our great offers. Unfortunately, customers contacting us are experiencing unusually long hold times. Please be patient and we will connect you to an agent as soon as possible.
You have been connected to Manoj P .
Manoj P : Alexander, the phone will be available with us today anytime.
Manoj P : Once the phone is available, we will process the order immediately.
Alexander: ok, so I'm one of the orders that will be filled today?
Manoj P : Yes.
Alexander: It's for my wife and she's impatient. I need to make her happy at all times!
Alexander: Thank you for the update!
Manoj P : I can completely understand.
Manoj P : You are welcome.
Manoj P : Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Alexander: Have a great day Manoj
Alexander: Nothing else

HornedOwl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Received at 8:03am this morning PST- Great News! Your new Verizon Wireless Nokia Lumia 928 White - 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

HornedOwl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm just hoping when mine arrives I don't have any issues with it. Returning it via mail would suck compared to walking into a Verizon store and swapping it out with a new one.

Last edited:

jjfergie

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine about 1/2 hour ago! Getting it all set up now. Nice looking phone. Definitely heavier than the 8X. That's the extent of my review so far... ;)

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Received my white 928 today. I have a question for those of you who may have ordered a phone through Newegg before.

I understand the whole do not cancel, modify, fail to pay or activating the phone on a different line as Newegg will charge you an additional $400. But, I have multiple phones that I like and WANT to switch between. Has anyone had issues with Newegg charging this fee if you simply just swap the SIM card to a different phone and NOT activate the Newegg phone on a different line (it will just be "dormant" until I swap my SIM card back into it)?

I talked to their live chat support, and the guy I talked to advised me not to switch between phones for the 181 day period. The contract says "By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee."

Does deactivating include just swapping the SIM into a different device? I want to play it safe and see if anyone has experience with Newegg in this regard. I bought my HTC 8X at a discount from BestBuy last year and swapped between that and my BlackBerry multiple times within 6 months of owning it. Not sure if the deals between these retailers and the carriers are the same, but I figure they would be.

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Great News! Your new Verizon Wireless Nokia Lumia 928 Black - 4G LTE has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

:)

winger46146#WP

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Received my white 928 today. I have a question for those of you who may have ordered a phone through Newegg before.

I understand the whole do not cancel, modify, fail to pay or activating the phone on a different line as Newegg will charge you an additional $400. But, I have multiple phones that I like and WANT to switch between. Has anyone had issues with Newegg charging this fee if you simply just swap the SIM card to a different phone and NOT activate the Newegg phone on a different line (it will just be "dormant" until I swap my SIM card back into it)?

I talked to their live chat support, and the guy I talked to advised me not to switch between phones for the 181 day period. The contract says "By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee."

Does deactivating include just swapping the SIM into a different device? I want to play it safe and see if anyone has experience with Newegg in this regard. I bought my HTC 8X at a discount from BestBuy last year and swapped between that and my BlackBerry multiple times within 6 months of owning it. Not sure if the deals between these retailers and the carriers are the same, but I figure they would be.

I wouldn't risk it, just use the 928 for the 6 months then feel free to switch the phones around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos