Strange problem with battery

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Any help with this

The battery on my HTC 8X takes about two days. At the end of the second day falls below 10% and the red light starts blinking. Once I accidentally restarted the phone (when the battery was below 10%) and when the phone is turned on the battery was at 65%. It was not a false value of the battery, because the phone worked one whole day. I thought it was a coincidence. When the battery then again came below 10% I charged the battery to 100%. When the battery is discharged again I repeated the same process again and I had 63% after restart. I tried to calibrate the battery by charging to the end and restarted while the charger is connected, but everything remains the same.

Has anyone noticed this and knows how to solve this problem?

Last edited:

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Never had this issue but then again i haven't restarted at 10%... ill try this today... im at 58 so ill update this when i restart at 10%

Update: it did not do what yours does. Stayed at 10%. Might try and restore it

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't own an 8X, have had a Lumia 810 and am now using a Lumia 920... When I reboot my phone, no matter what the battery percentage, it's always less when it restarts, not more. Strange that you would have such an experience with your phone, from 10-65%(!!).

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I can not believe this is happening only on my HTC 8X. Today I did the same thing again. Battery was 10% and after reboot again I had 51%. One time I even twice restarted the phone without recharging the battery. The first time from 10% to 60%, the second time from 10% to 20%. Every restart I get more than I have. This can not be normal. Restarting the phone battery would have to be of course even more emptier. I reset the phone to factory settings several times and it is always the same result. From HTC have told me to send the phone for repair. I doubt that the service will test the battery as I said. So do not even want to waste time and send the phone for repair.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I started another thread about this exact same problem. But the worst mine has ever been is 30% increase after reboot. It's a really strange problem. I have a feeling that the battery percentage left is being calibrated based on old data. For example, Bluetooth and location were turned on temporarily and then turned off after a bit. But the battery "thinks" these are still on and bases the battery percentage on this old data. That is my theory. I have no idea how to fix it.

Eden at the End

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue and started experiencing it about a month ago (or at least that is when I first noticed it). Strangely, if I accidentally let my phone run out of battery without restarting it to fix the issue, it won't turn on (as if there is actually no battery). From what I can tell, it happens inconsistently and isn't tied into anything specific with the usage of my phone. I am hoping this get fixed with the next update . . .

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I wrote about this issue about 6 months ago and everyone ignored it. Says that you have broken phone. This is not phone, this is HTC software problem. And because HTC doesn't care about WP , I thing you guys out of luck. :)
BTW. Phone reset doesn't help. So do not try. :)

adt7108

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing happening. I noticed it after I rebooted because I felt like some app was draining my battery. And even just now at the end of the day I had 12% battery, powered off and back on and now I have 58%. So something is going on with the battery meter.

I too - factory reset phone about a week ago hoping it might fix it, but it did not.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It is a know problem. Your internal battery meter is not calibrated. What you can do is the following (published by HTC Europe). Charge the phone to green light, then shut down the phone while charging. It will restart and charge more! Do this until you get the green light within 2 minutes after the shutdown/restart. It will calibrate the battery meter.

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It is a know problem. Your internal battery meter is not calibrated. What you can do is the following (published by HTC Europe). Charge the phone to green light, then shut down the phone while charging. It will restart and charge more! Do this until you get the green light within 2 minutes after the shutdown/restart. It will calibrate the battery meter.

I tried your method, but unfortunately did not help me. At first I thought that I finally managed to fix the calibration. The battery is consumed 1% every hour (I did not use the phone because I wanted to test how the battery will last if the phone is only turned on). In this way, the battery has endured three days. I thought it was OK. However I did restart the phone when the battery was at 4%, and when the phone is turned on the battery was at 52%. Now (5 days later than last charging) battery is at 18%. Do you have any other ideas what I could do?

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
After GDR2 update no longer have a problem with battery meter.
Battery value is now normally displayed. After restart the phone value does not increase but normally decreases. In idle (no use) battery has endured for more than 6 days.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
After GDR2 update no longer have a problem with battery meter.
Battery value is now normally displayed. After restart the phone value does not increase but normally decreases. In idle (no use) battery has endured for more than 6 days.

How the ridiculous battery life? I keep Location on, and have only Facebook account set up (excluding my MS account). Is this with heavy use?

Edit: I see this is with no use. What's your normal-use battery life like then?

slipknot28

May 20, 2013
Visit site
How the ridiculous battery life? I keep Location on, and have only Facebook account set up (excluding my MS account). Is this with heavy use?

Edit: I see this is with no use. What's your normal-use battery life like then?

Of course, the battery does not last 6 days when I use it. With medium use it last max 2 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre