I want to get 928 but I need to know couple of things before I dump my android phone

StuckwVerizon

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have couple of questions, please help me.
1. this is the most important part of smart phone. I have bunch of avi files, can I watch this on WP8 without converting?
2. I don't want to pay extra to use the wifi tethering. Is there a way to make my phone use the wifi tethering without Verizon to know about it?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
1. this is the most important part of smart phone. I have bunch of avi files, can I watch this on WP8 without converting?
2. I don't want to pay extra to use the wifi tethering. Is there a way to make my phone use the wifi tethering without Verizon to know about it?

1) Yes
2) No (not that I'm aware of) Android is the only OS that is basically rules free. Only on Android can you participate in illegal activity. (unless jailbroken)

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

By virtue of your username, I will assume you are already on VZW. What plan do you currently have? If you are on unlimited data, then no, probably not. If you're on Share Everything or will be moving to Share Everything then tethering is included.

StuckwVerizon

May 20, 2013
Visit site
which app let you watch avi file? does it play mkv file as well?

If it doesn't let you wifi tethering, I don't really do this that often, then I will just take the simcard out and put it in my old android phone. Is 928 use micro sim card?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't watch videos other than the occasional YT clip, but I do know that there was an article a while back about VLC working on an app.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The 928 supports VC-1, Windows video, H.264/AVC, H.263 and MPEG-4 codecs in MP4, WMV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, M4V and MOV containers. The most important thing to find out is what codecs your AVI's are encoded in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs