HTC 8X Won?t Turn on ? Just Vibrates

Evan B

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So last night my wife?s 8X suddenly turned off. It started showing the HTC splash screen for a few seconds and then the screen would go off. Wait a second and then it would vibrate briefly, HTC screen for a few seconds, black, rinse and repeat. I played around with it for a while and was able to get it to come up a few times (to the apps page) by some coincidental combination of plugging it in and pushing the power button at just the right time. The few times it came up however, it would only stay on for about 30 seconds before it went off again.

We decided to let it vibrate itself to death overnight and start fresh today. The phone vibrated until it ran out of battery last night and today I plugged it into power and the issue is still present. However, this time I can?t seem to get it to come up to the apps page.

I?ve seen a number of posts with processes about how to reset the phone but of course she has pictures of our baby on the phone that she wants to retrieve as well as her client?s contact information.
Any suggestions on how we can get this phone to come up?

DynamicRam

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How long did you leave it on the charger, it should be 30 min at least, to hard reset you have to be able to enter the bootloader and have enough battery life to complete the reset

Evan B

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No, I haven't let it charge that long. We don't want to do a full reset though, we want to find a way to get the pictures and contacts off first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett