new lumia 920 version?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hey guys. i came across something pretty cool today. i had serious issues with 4 previous lumia 920 phones and sent them all back. the last one, i did something a little different. i decided to email mr. elop and i got a response from the escalation desk. today my brand new lumia 920 came. what's different about this phone? first of all on the box it says 920.2, all my previous are 920.1. also, there is absolutely no gap on the left side of the phone (there was a small gap on all of my previous phones so i thought it was a design fault). i will upload pictures but i havent even finished setting up my phone haha. if anyone has there 920 box and can confirm on theirs it says 920.1 i would highly appreciate that. i'll post differences if i see them.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to send mine in because of freezing problems and I haven't got it back yet, but I did not see any difference in gaps on the right and left side. But I know that it was a 920.1. Please report regarding any changes in stability and/or freezing comparing the two versions of the phone. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Sent by airwaves using Tapatalk 2.

th83

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the 920.2 RIM-820 that I got in DEC and I am waiting on another one becauseit was locking up while using Bluetooth and wifi at the same time. Did a master reset and all I get now are 2 cogs.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
When did you get it back? Is the right aide and the left aide just as tight? On all my previous 920.1 the left aide space was more than the right side space
Oh, I didn't have the option to send it in for repairs. Honestly, i haven't noticed much difference. The camera seems to work a bit better, but that may very well be in my head. I didn't have problems with gaps in the first one, and definitely none with this one, either.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I had to send mine in because of freezing problems and I haven't got it back yet, but I did not see any difference in gaps on the right and left side. But I know that it was a 920.1. Please report regarding any changes in stability and/or freezing comparing the two versions of the phone. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I have 920.1 and no freezing since 1308 fw ... before 1308 fw, it was freezing often, if wi-fi was enabled (no freezes if wi-fi was disabled) ...

I have had it over 6 months now and no other problems as freezing with earlier fw (I did not enable wi-fi on that time, so it was manageable) ...

Just waiting new "Amber" fw here now ... :)

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 920.1 and no freezing since 1308 fw ... before 1308 fw, it was freezing often, if wi-fi was enabled (no freezes if wi-fi was disabled) ...

I have had it over 6 months now and no other problems as freezing with earlier fw (I did not enable wi-fi on that time, so it was manageable) ...

Just waiting new "Amber" fw here now ... :)

So, I guess that's that theory about differences in the versions down the drain then. :)
As you said... It's the waiting game time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon