Shattered Lumia 920-- Thinking of getting 8X to replace...

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I shattered the screen on my Lumia 920 a few weeks ago. Since then I've been using my old Titan but I've been thinking of getting an HTC 8x to replace my Lumia. Are there any previous Lumia owners that could give me some feed back? Do you like the 8x and how does it compare in your opinion. Do you recommend replacing with another Lumia?

Thanks!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I mean I used to have the 8x (still technically do) I have the 928 now. The 8x is an incredible phone! You will lose storage and camera, but will gain lightweight, sex appeal, beats audio, and smaller size.

Honestly you cant go wrong with any windows phone! (except the odyssey... I hate that phone)

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I mean I used to have the 8x (still technically do) I have the 928 now. The 8x is an incredible phone! You will lose storage and camera, but will gain lightweight, sex appeal, beats audio, and smaller size.

Honestly you cant go wrong with any windows phone! (except the odyssey... I hate that phone)

forgot to mention - lose exclusive apps, customer support

Last edited:

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Both phones are equals in my eye overall, just not on every feature. The 920 has the better camera, though the 8X is still very good. The 8X gas a better form factor, and I actually do enjoy the Beats audio stuff as well.

Nokia devices so get exclusive apps, so make sure you don't need/want any of them before swapping over.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I shattered the screen on my Lumia 920 a few weeks ago. Since then I've been using my old Titan but I've been thinking of getting an HTC 8x to replace my Lumia. Are there any previous Lumia owners that could give me some feed back? Do you like the 8x and how does it compare in your opinion. Do you recommend replacing with another Lumia?

Thanks!

I have an 8x for sale if you are in the US and wish to buy it?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

If you don't care about LTE, how about a Samsung Ativ S from Canada... I have had the 920, 8X and Ativ S. The Ativ S is the one I prefer cause of its large display, battery and microSD. I use my Ativ S with 16+32Gb.
On the other side, the 8X will be among the first to get the next big MS WP8 update and is otherwise a great phone. I still my blue 8X with my daughter, she loves it cause it is so easy to hold.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the 8X and the 928. I don't know if that helps much since while the 920 and 928 are pretty similar in a lot of ways, why are also kind of different. I think the 928 has better battery,m but they are both so much better than any android phone I have it's not funny. The screens are both great. Oddly I can get more tiles on the smaller 8X. Performance is about the same. Buttons on the Nokia are waaaaaaay better. Sound on the 928 is better than the 8X. At the moment the 928 is my favorite phone, with the 8X running a close second - although sometimes it takes first when I want a slimmer phone. Tough call. I'd play with them both, and relax knowing you aren't going to be giving up much either way.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
8x - Paint peel issue, besides like I always said, even earlier today. HTC is an android dominated handset maker, which means it won't give rats a** for wp phones it has launched in the market.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for your replies. I went ahead and got the 8X. I got a phenomenal deal on a new 8X so I went ahead and bought it since AT&T is having the $100 trade in promo for old devices, I used several old phones to get it for practically free with no contract. I like it so far but the smaller screen is taking some time to get used to. I think I'm gonna get my 920 fixed tho and switch back and forth. I LOVE the Beats! Freaking sounds awesome-sauce. Wish it had more memory tho. That's a real bummer.

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention a flimsier phone. If he managed to shatter the 920, the 8x is a gonner in no time.

lol, yeah I'm a little worried about that buy the Lumia was a fluke accident. Fell face down on a tile floor. I'm really careful with my phones normally. I'm also a little worried about the peeling issue. If it starts to peel I'll probably have warranty exchange it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte