920 battery slow discharge then almost empty in minutes

mightyspur

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Something very weird is going on with my 920 and I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience.

Yesterday I took my phone off charge at around 6am and went to work. By 11pm last night it was down to about 59% charge left. I had made a few calls in the day, listened to a bit of music and surfed the odd page. I didn't charge it over night and when I woke up around 6 again it was at about 53%. So just sat there for 7 hours doing nothing lost 6%... no problem. I picked my phone up and put it in my pocket to walked to the station and at about 7:30 I got my phone out and suddenly it was at critical levels of 9%, so 44% gone in about 1 hour 30, in which it was doing nothing. Literally the only thing I had done since getting up was switching off the alarm. What is that about?

The last time I had odd battery behaviour where it seemed to be holding its charge and then dying suddenly was just before it went completely bang on me and had to be replaced. I'm so close to getting rid of it at the moment because it just seems so temperamental with battery life.

anon(4757114)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my 920 (recent upgrade from 8X). It'll also stay on a random percentage for hours and only a soft reset will get the battery to give me a real reading.

mightyspur

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The amount of "soft resets" that seems to be required for this phone is scary and frustrating to say the least. This might explain why my phone has seemingly died on me when I'm showing 50% plus battery. I guess it's just not right or updating correctly. Hopefully Nokia will bring out a fix for that issue (if they are even aware it is one). Is there anywhere we can submit feedback to Nokia about these potential bugs/features?

anon(4757114)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Update: one hard reset & 4 complete battery charges seems to have solved the problem. My discharge rate has dropped from 7.6% to 1.9% per hour.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea