Is anyone returning their 928?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, is anyone not happy with their 928 and returning it for another device and/or OS? If so, why and what are you getting and why?

I've been having a great experience with this device after 3+ years on Android and I think it's definitely a keeper. But I was curious if anyone isn't happy to the point of a return. I would also like to hear from the people who are keeping it and what their reasons are.

Thanks!

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I did not return it but I did cancel my Newegg order I'd placed last Thursday. Peeved me a little that it got delayed until tomorrow at the earliest, and never having even used a WP, I decided I wanted to go take a look at it instead of buying sight unseen.

I have 30 days to reinstate the order, so I think i can still get that price. Also, I'm not too far from a MS store, so that's an option or I can just buy it at the verizon store for $99 as I originally planned. Still a screamin deal!

I suspect it will still be the phone I end up with...

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Our 928 arrives tomorrow ... it would have to be "the worst smartphone in the world" for me to return it !!

I have had a TERRIFIC - but pitifully "old" - HTC Trophy for 18 frigging months!!

Come on ...

1) 1280 x 768 screen res on the 928 vs. a pathetic 800 x 600 - Oh yeah ... the "flying off the Verizon shelves" Nokia 822 is a whopping 800 x 480 pixels!

2) THE BIGGIE = 4G vs. 3G (I mean like 1 vs. 8 to 16 DL = NO BRAINER

3) WP8 vs. WP 7.5 ( Microsoft "announced 7.8 in June 2012 ... Verizon gave that a middle finger)

4) I could add 10 more items ... but these are the "big 3".

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn. The phone itself is amazing but the deficiencies in WP8 are making me really miss the refinement and robustness of iOS.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you be specific as to the areas you are missing/disappointed in? Obviously iOS has had much more time to mature but I'm just curious what areas specifically bothered you. I came from there myself.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We already have a thread here for people who are switching devices, whether to a different Windows Phone or to a different platform.

If you are switching devices, please post in that thread. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)