Game Performance

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, so this is something that has bothered me for a while, but up until now I've used the OS as an excuse, but that doesn't seem to be completely at fault. Anyway, I purchased the Lumia 920 a few weeks after release after being on a Samsung Omnia 7 for 2 years and so far, the 920 is simply awesome. However, game performance does worry me. What I mean by this is in a pretty fair few games I've bought/downloaded, there is frame rate issues that hamper the games true experience and playability. A few games of note are Turbo Racing League, Temple Run, Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spiderman, even Modern Combat 4 (which is better but not as smooth as its iOS counterpart). Now, you are probably thinking "this is developer issue, a bad port" which I thought at first, but I have heard in some cases, Lumia 820 owners are getting flawless frame rate on these same games. Anyway to sum up, is this happening to all Lumia 920 owners? or is there some way to help in the slightest, get better performance? Hope I've explained myself well enough. :) Thanks!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
of course the 920 GPU is going to have to work harder because its screen is 1280x768 compared to 800x480 for 820. the 920 has to push 2.56 times the pixels of the 820. nevertheless, those are simply bad ports, such as temple run.
try guns 4 hire

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of that, but that shouldn't really be a factor considering the Lumia 920 is the flagship handset. Was the higher res screen not taken into account? I'll give Guns 4 Hire ago, thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte