How many 920's have you gone through?

mightyspur

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I seem to see a lot of posts on people having to replace their handsets because they have been defective, so I'm wondering what the general average is for 920's you have owned to give an indication of how reliable they actually are if you have owned one for longer than 3 months

I wonder if you have had to return one, has it dented your confidence in it and how many would you return before you gave up completely.

I'm #2 as I had to return one handset after 30 odd days of usage. The 2nd handset still seems to do odd things that means I'm not sure about it. Actually considering just selling and changing to something else as I'm so concerned about it's reliability to would be interested to see if the majority of people out there actually have decent handsets with no problems...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to return my first one because it would regularly freeze and lock up. It eventually died altogether and Nokia sent me a replacement (not new). The replacement has worked perfectly apart from the camera and there is also a lot of dust in the front facing camera so I'm thinking about sending this one in for repair/replacement.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't vote in the poll because my response doesn't fall under any of the above. I'm on my first and only 920, which I got from Negri (unlocked Rogers version). Should something go awry with it, I won't be replacing it with another 920. Since I'm on T-Mobile, I would either go back to my Lumia 810 or wait to get a 925. It's now been three weeks since I've had my 920, though, and I'm having no issues with it.

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm on #5; returned two for the "dust" issue, one that bricked when I attempted to reset the phone, and another that shipped to me with a non-functional volume rocker. In fairness to Nokia, all but one of my devices has been an AT&T refurb; my working phone came straight from Nokia as a replacement.

clavecinist

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second one. The first I had exchanged for dust in the FFC. Besides the dust the first was fantastic and so is the replacement!

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
8. Finally settled on this one.
4 whites, 3 yellows and now I have the black. And don't call me a troll because u might not believe that I've had that many faulty ones. I won't have any more of these problems now since my galaxy s4 came in yesterday:)

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I completely believe it. I'm a Nokia/WP8 ****** but I went through 6 Lumia 900's and am now on my 5th 920, so there's clearly an issue in QA somewhere... (or I'm extremely picky, but I reserve the right to be with a $400 phone!)

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember exactly, 1 with huge gap at top, 4 with dust ffc, 1 with overheating issue. At&t finally offered an HTC one replacement and i took it. Using an 820 now as I'm still in the fence about android. Its come a long way since I've been using WP. I may just sell the One and wait for EOS.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
8. Finally settled on this one.
4 whites, 3 yellows and now I have the black. And don't call me a troll because u might not believe that I've had that many faulty ones. I won't have any more of these problems now since my galaxy s4 came in yesterday:)

What is unusual, is AT&T normally allows 4 to 5 returns. When you go in to get your 5th replacement, they normally tell you to select a different phone. If you start to have trouble with your S4 and start the returning process again, they'll just cancel your contract and tell you to go elsewhere.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
What is unusual, is AT&T normally allows 4 to 5 returns. When you go in to get your 5th replacement, they normally tell you to select a different phone. If you start to have trouble with your S4 and start the returning process again, they'll just cancel your contract and tell you to go elsewhere.

They asked me if I wanted a different phone many times but I said no. I liked it because note taking was easy in class.

ninjarider1978

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ironically, just this morning I added a vote for none, this afternoon it did a random reset on me and now wont boot. So I need to redo my vote as I am sending it in to have it fixed. :(

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I currently have my 4th Nokia Lumia 920 but it seems to be wonky and rebooting randomly and dying with 30% battery life left. So probably going to hit number 5 this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6